3/9/10

a few funnies

I should not blog now. March is officially Sewing Month for me. I have lots of sewing projects on my list and one huge project I'm working on that I'm pretty excited about. Pics will come as things are completed.

I know everyone is busy. I feel like I have to race to get everything done once the kids are home... their homework/reading and jobs, dinner, plus any extras like Family Home Evening (which is the same day as laundry day..I should really change that), cub scouts, school functions, Activity Days, scriptures and prayers, baths, brushing and flossing. And that is one main reason my kids aren't in any lessons or sports. The only extra-curricular activity we have is Preslie's school singing group that meets 40 minutes once a week. I really really want Preslie and Hunter to take piano, and I should probably teach them, but where to fit it in? . . .

OH, back to the main reason I was going to take just a minute to blog... my cute boys.

Hunter has been way into spaceships lately and was playing with one he built from Legos. Then he says, "Mom, I want to be an astronaut when I grow up and fly in a spaceship to the moon."
Then Mack chimes in with, "I want to be Opmus Pime" [Optimus Prime]

At the beginning of a movie Mack was watching it said, "Sit back and enjoy the show. If you need help, ask a grown-up."
Me (calling from the other room): "Mack, do I need to push PLAY for you?"
Mack: "Are you a grown-up?"

Mack's favorite show lately is Sid the Science Kid. Last night while driving to our family night activity, he says, "Teacher Susie has boobies." We all laughed way hard because he's never said anything like that before and it came out of no where. Dax wanted to know where he heard that so he said, "Who told you that?"
Mack: "Sid the Science Kid"

4 comments:

K said...

I can't wait to see your projects! I love the green shoe at the top of your blog too. I can't believe how well Mack is talking, I guess it's been a little while since we've seen you.

janet said...

yeah for toddlers saying the FUNNIEST stuff ever. I believe all three of my boys at some point wanted to be Optimus Prime when they grew up.

and my laundry day is now scouts-- which DOES NOT WORK, but I just can't seem to change it. Why don't y'all just fold clothes for your FHE activity?

jason and andrea said...

I always get a laugh reading your blog! And it reminds me how awesome families are, too. I hope Addie says things that are at least half as funny as what your kids come up with!

Beau and Rach said...

Oh my! Aren't these sweet little spirits that call us "Mom" such a joy! Thanks for sharing your boys' cuteness with us. SO FUNNY! Being a mom is the BEST :)