2/28/10

my b-day


My whole family woke me up and hinted, "Do you want to sleep some more or do you want breakfast?" After they sang to me (love Mack's off-key Happy Birthday), I went and found a beautiful breakfast table set for me! The caramel pecan pull-aparts were divine! And I like this card from Hunter...

I asked why he crossed out "from Hunter" and he said, "I was going to give it to you so you'd already know who it's from."

I took Preslie and Hunter to church (Mack was sick), and got to wear the new coat Dax got me! It's the first coat I've ever picked out myself. After our nice church meetings, we all had a nap.

Today Dax's grandmother passed away. I am truly relieved and happy for her to not suffer in her mortal body and to be reunited with her eternal sweetheart. Grandma Nola was the last of our grandparents to pass away and our kids' last great-grandparent. I am grateful that my kids will remember having a great-grandmother. And so grateful we went and saw her on Valentine's Day. That visit was kind of sad; she wasn't too well and as Dax kissed her goodbye, I got that tingley feeling that told me that it really was goodbye.

I got many good wishes today...hugs, calls, etc. Dax cooked every meal and they were all delicious. He made a wonderful cheesecake for me, too. I am lucky that my B-day was on Sunday because a few weeks ago, Dax and I started a no-treats-on-weekdays goal. I believe it has really cut a lot of calories out of our diets. I always thought I was the one with the will-power in our relationship, but he has done way better than me. He's awesome.


It was a great birthday. It always is.

6 comments:

K said...

Yay! I'm so glad that your family made it such a great day for you. Sorry about Dax's grandma. It's always such a bitter sweet thing when they leave us. We just went through that a month ago. It is a weird feeling being grandparentless, becoming a grand-orphan is an interesting phase I'm still adjusting to.

Tiffany said...

Yep.... worst friend ever award goes to me!! Happy belated Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. You're awesome! Your hubby and kids are lucky to have you. Love, Aunt Reta

Glennard said...

HOLY MOLY Tristie! It is so cool to read about you and your family. In a weird way it's like a time warp for me. In my mind, you have stayed this 19 year old girl with a go-out-an-get-er-done attitude. And then, reading your blog, I jump ahead 10 years to see you happily married with three kids in toe. Its obvious to see you are an excellent mother and wife. Dax and your kids are very lucky.

ZyAubRinaSon said...

Happy Birthday little sis! I love you so much and am so grateful for the example of your positive attitude and love for your family and life!

janet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are inspirational, radical, fun, happy, uplifting and everything beautiful. You deserve the best of birthdays!