2/6/10

He's BAAAACK!

Pinch me. It is Saturday and my husband was here. The WHOLE day. Don't know what happened to his supposed 4-day work weeks; I haven't seen my husband during a weekend for a month. It has been all work all the time.

Staying in my pajamas today until 4:30pm was just nice.

And so was the Mexican dinner Dax cooked. Pork burritos with fresh tomatillo salsa {Insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here}. And sorry no pic. Too hungry.

So guess what's awesome? I went to the cannery this week for the first time and gots me some food storage! Yeah, I am excited. Only not about the dog I hit on the way home. Did not love the sound of doggy hitting bumper. As it ran away, I tried to follow it home to tell the owners I am sorry, but it disappeared into the night.

Also, Preslie went to the district poetry out loud competition and did really well.

She did not place, and was sad about that, but we saw this truck on the way home and snapped a few bad pictures...

Ok, next time we'll wait (and wait and wait) until it's warm here and take the pic when we don't have Strep. Yes, strep. Which brings me to the fact that my Salt Lake trip got cancelled again. The forces that be are trying to keep me here in this frozen wasteland. No one understands how cold it is and has been for 3 months straight. I told myself not complain on my blog about it, but I can't take it anymore. Negative temps at night and in the 20s as a high during the day? WHY do people live here (including me)? Oh, and I thought the sun still came up in the winter... no. If it has, it is covered by gray blah. I long for a 40 degree day with the sun shining! Oh!

Going to snuggle and watch a movie with my real, live husband! TTFN.

3 comments:

House of Hullinger said...

Korinne said Preslie was so great.

Sant Family said...

Yay!! Dax is home! I used to complain about Larry's salaried 50+ hour work week. Now I'm glad he has a job :). (But I wish he still got paid time and a half...)

Tiffany said...

I had the WEIRDEST dream about being at your house. So weird... I cant even explain it :)