4/7/09

Isn't it ironic (don't ya think)

Yesterday I left the house with my kids to take Preslie to school and Hunter to preschool and realized I had locked myself out (remember my keys lost at my sisters in Rexburg?...and also remember that my new year's goal was to keep TRACK of my keys?...) SO. I was ticked. I was in my pajamas. And slippers. Preslie was going to be late. Again. I was NOT having a good morning!

After I dropped the 2 kids off at their respective destinations, I drove around deciding how I was going to kill a couple hours til I had to go and get Hunter from school again. I gassed up the car, then decided to go into a weird store in town that sells damaged and overstock freight. They have EVERYTHING from furniture to clothes to industrial supplies, sinks, tubs, styrofoam balls, toys, appliances, blinds, ... IF you can find it. It was the only store in town I felt that I wouldn't stand out too much because it is as big of a mess as I was. So I dug around whilst my stocking footed baby ran around semi-unsupervised (that's the way I roll when I'm in my pj's) and found some bright Orange panels for Preslie's window- FINALLY- after looking for fabric for months. And a cute green pillow sham to boot. As if my fate hadn't begin to turn already, everything was 50% off.



I picked up Hunter and went home to find Dax had returned from his flight and he told me to check the answering machine. I played my messages and this is what I heard...."Tristie! I found your keys! This is Tisha, I'll call you later."



A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think.



Any-hoo. Since I last blogged, this is what has been going down. I gave Mack some applesauce and some hot dog chunks for lunch. He decided that combining them was his only option.

And if that wasn't bad enough, when Hunter saw that he said, "Hey, I'm gonna try that." and then, "Mmm, it's pretty good."



Preslie and I decided we wanted to paint a picture of a butterfly. Mack aided the creative process quite a bit...



Hunter earned his first Book It! certificate and scored a personal pan pizza, along with his sister, and I scored a night of not cooking dinner.



Matt and Abbey were going to come out for Conference Weekend but the roads were horrible so we had to power through eating these pull-apart rolls all by ourselves. We managed to finish them off. And also managed a stomach ache.


General Conference was awesome. I really felt the Holy Ghost and a renewed determination to step up and become closer to my Heavenly Father. Loved Elder Hales' talk. Loved Elder Perry's talk. And loved hearing the Prophet. How tender was the video montage of President Monsen while the Mo-Tab was singing "We Thank Thee, Oh God For a Prophet". It choked me up. I am grateful to live in a time when there is a living Prophet on the Earth.


Last night Dax and Hunter shot the BB gun pistol in the basement together and had a great time. I love seeing Hunter get into something. He is so sincere and sweet.




And for my parting shot: my kids reading a book together. Moments like these are my paycheck.

7 comments:

Accuracy Sports said...

BIG T, thanks for the update. You're the greatest !! 2 questions -- 1) Where were the keys hidden in Rexburg? 2) Is Mack growing a "mullet"?

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, where would I obtain one of those pull apart rolls? I am sitting her drooling in my chair...Good night, that looks AMAZING! And secondly, I love your bargain shopping! And thirdly, your kids are so precious! That little Mack looks so much like Zya, it is so crazy! Has anyone ever told you that? And fourthly (if thats a word) conference was great, I completely agree.

K said...

What good luck you have! Seriously something that wasn't fabulous turned out great. I've been locked out more than once. I actually gave a key to my neighbor for such occasions. I also give a spare key to my car to someone when I travel because I've locked my keys in the car in the middle of nowhere before! That pull apart looks nummy and that last photo is seriously too precious. That belongs in a frame somewhere in your house:)

ZyAubRinaSon said...

I am so sorry about your keys, but even more sorry about getting a ticket. I would have been a bawling mess at that point! I locked myself out of the car on my way to the gym with the car running returning a video! a friend had to come and get jason out of a class in the military to get his keys. Yeah I was almost out of gas as well. Anyhow! I got a magnetic key holder and it has saved me ever since. You are one of the queen of deal, LOVE IT! I am jealous that your kid will eat and sleep and also that you can eat such yummy desserts and look so perfect! love ya Trina

ZyAubRinaSon said...

I went and weighed myself and I gained a pound just looking and that scrumptious dessert! Easter is really going to suck this year!

Jaedon Flora said...

Tristie - I love you so much. You are truly someone that I look up to. I am sending you keys this week! Love bunches - Sis

Kimberly said...

Glad I'm not the only one with key problems. I locked myself out last week, but this was the first time Josh couldn't just run right home and save me. Thank goodness for good neighbors.