6/6/08

the perfectly imperfect blend

We're not newlyweds anymore. It hit me when I threw away our rusted cake pan that I got at my wedding shower. It then dawned on me that we'd also replaced our vacuum, hand mixer, and VCR--also wedding gifts. I don't consider myself suddenly way experienced at being married now that it's been 7 years, because with each year, Dax and I experience things that we've never experienced before. I still feel like a newlywed in that respect and for the fact that I love him just as much (more) as when I married him. I am grateful for the chance to be married in this life and even more thankful that I scored the man I got.

It is always interesting to me just how different Dax and I are, yet how great we go together. I find evidence of how different we are by things that are in our home, and while our things don't necessarily go great together (the designers on HGTV would have a coronary),



I love that we are able to appreciate each other and allow for the other person to explore separate styles and interests. And while I would love to have a shed out back to put all of Dax's antlers in, the pile in the corner of my living room reminds me just how lucky I am to have him. I hope he feels the same way about me when we get a house and I paint the walls orange.

8 comments:

Sophia said...

Tristie!
Your kids are such cuties and I am so excited that I can keep tabs on you and your fun fam!

Jaedon Flora said...

Yea - You two make a great pair! xoxoxo

Tiffany said...

You guys are great together! I am so glad for you both. Orange walls sound great....

K said...

Cute post. You are both definitely lucky. The best part is that you both know it! Perfect.

Sant Family said...

I love this post and I love the fabric on the pillow, too! You guys are the perfect match!

RaeLynn said...

Great idea+Great pictures=Great post.

Brittany said...

lol! At first I didn't know what you were talking about but now I know. That is funny! P.S. Don't act so excited for the reunion... jk

janet said...

Why did I cry over this post? Probably because I could feel the LOVE. Marriage is happy when you both appreciate each other's differences and realize that you compliment each other. And these pictures totally work for me. And could a house truly be owned by you if it didn't have ORANGE walls? I don't think so.

ps. I love your music list.. all the way back to the 80's baby!