10/31/11

Jedi-ween


Another fun and successful Halloween. The whole season, really. Planning the costumes, decorating the house, and buying candy is just as fun (if not more) than the actual day. We didn't get quite as many trick-or-treaters, probably that Halloween was on a Monday.
This is the last year I am encouraging us to dress as a theme. My kids are getting old enough to want to go with their friends and my husband has been a great sport. It is time to set them free. I knew I could get away with it this year because of how into Star Wars my family is right now. Dax made a fine Obi-Wan. He was wishing for Princess Leia in the gold bra but I had to save that costume for after the kids were in bed.
I added a few new yard decorations this year. One was a sign post the hubs put in for me. It is just a pine log from the mountains with some dollar store signs screwed onto it.
I made a "severed finger" box for my kids this year. I remember having one exactly like this when I was a kid; I loved tricking my friends with it. It is just a jewelry gift box with a hole cut in the bottom and fake blood/red food coloring added around the hole in the fluff.
The worst thing about today was Hunter, Mack, and Quinn being sick. Hunter missed his class party again- second year in a row. October is a hard month for being healthy.
The best thing about today was baby Yoda. She stole the show in those darling green ears. AND she can sing the Star Wars theme. How adorable can you get?
Another couple funnies: When Dax told me that he's never going to trick-or-treat at the park again. The line was SO long; we waited forEVER. He said, "I hated that. I would have rather sat on the toilet for 2 hours reading an entire hunting magazine."
I also had to laugh when I was fixing Preslie's hair for her Padme Amidala costume and she said, "You know, I am actually your Mom."

5 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I just love that you are wearing your wedding dress!

Anonymous said...

All these photos blew me away. Incredible! Happy Halloween.

Kimberly said...

Just checking in to see what an awesome Halloween you had. I knew you'd have something great for me to read. I love that beautiful little Yoda. I don't think I've checked in on you since she arrived. Congrats! and hopefully I'll be a better blog friend in the future.

Sant Family said...

I about choked on my water when I read that you saved the gold bra until the kids went to bed. hahahaha! More seriously, is Preslie really that tall?! Wow! You guys all look great! My favorite Halloween costumes for my boys was Star Wars. Joseph insisted on being Mace Windu and he was really offended that people didn't recognize him as a bald black man. Hello. His light saber was purple. You guys all look great!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

What a stinkin' cool family! I miss you all. xoxo