4/21/11

Mack's cracks


I opened the front door and found Mack lying on the porch...
"It's so warm out here."

I put Mack on the toilet before bed the other night and he said, "Mom, I already went on the downstairs potty." That would be the one in the unfinished bathroom, you know, the one without the plumbing...

The next morning Mack was playing computer and I was nursing Quinn when she and I dozed off. I came to when Mack came to me saying, "Mom, there is steam in the hall and in Preslie's room." I got up and realized the "steam" was actually smoke and there was definitely something burning in the kitchen. I ran through the billowing, sickening smoke and found the microwave set for 88:00 and a burnt black bag of popcorn inside. I unplugged the microwave and took the whole thing outside. My house is finally starting to air out now 3 days later.

Mack has been way too consumed by movies and computer games lately so I told him he could not watch anymore movies or play anymore video games today. He yelled back, "Mom! Why are you so mean to your own son!"

Wow. SO much energy! Once he is 4 and old enough, he is getting signed up for every sport available. The kid needs activities because if I don't give them to him, he will find them on his own and they are usually ones I don't prefer. It is exhausting keeping him engaged in positive things all day long. If I let my guard down at all, he is in the pantry eating sugar out of the bucket or cutting up Preslie's art projects or walking in the muddy flower bed or petting and patting the baby's head like she is an animal. He wants to do anything and everything there is to do. He begs and cries to get on the bus and go to school with Preslie and Hunter every day! He constantly wants to have parties with his friends and if he sees anyone outside, he runs out to play..."My friends are outside!" I just love the kid. He makes life so much fun.

6 comments:

Jill Bowcutt said...

Haha! I'm exhausted just reading about it. I'm also terrified to have another baby to take care of because my almost 3 year old is very similar. Yikes!

K said...

He is such a busy kid! It's a good thing he's so cute!!! Try setting vinegar in a cup out, and even using it in your microwave. It absorbs smells and works really well for getting rid of that burnt smell. I've actually put vinegar in a decorative jar and put it behind stuff in K's room. His room is so stinky and the only thing I've found that works to get RID of the odor. Good luck with all of that. You can always send him my way for a while. I'll take him:)

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Tristie! My Kanyon, who is the third child as well, is exactly like this! I cry after he goes to bed sometimes because I don't know if I can keep up with him the next day. Heaven help us!!

Mom of three ♥ said...

My Sawyer does similar things, he is so interested in everything and has to see what everything does and what ever he can get into, he does! I sure love him though, but he keeps me on my toes all day long!

janet said...

I swear there is something with the third child-- they are just born with extra energy.

But let me say that my crazy Zack is five now and he has turned into SUCH a good boy. Yes, he still makes his fare share of messes, but he is such a good helper, such a happy kid to have around and his personality is still awesome. I have been so pleasantly surprised the last year to watch my "wild child" grow up. There is hope!!

Jaedon Flora said...

Oh Tristie - I loved this post about Mack. You said exactly how I feel with my boys! I love them and I know some day we will be laughing about this, but for now I just keep telling myself they will outgrow this stage! Thanks for making me laugh and realize that other people have busy boys . . . not just me!!