4/24/11

bunny fun

The kids and I got the eggs colored on Friday so the Easter Bunny could hide them when we went to bed that night.
Saturday morning, the kids acted like it was Christmas; sneaking around at 6:30am, trying to find their Easter basket and begging to wake up Mack. I barely was able to finish saying "Go watch a movie until everyone is ready to wake up" when I hear Mack's raspy lisp from his bed, "Is it Easter?" and Quinn starting to crying in her crib. OH, well! We had lots of fun. The kids are very impatient when they can't find their basket quickly. They never grew up in my house where the Easter bunny took great delight in hiding the baskets harder and harder every year and it potentially took all day to find your basket, especially if you were kinda naughty that year. (The Easter Bunny and Santa Claus must've compared notes)...


Our Bunny is a smart one and brought us just what we needed.
Quinn: tub of Cream, tights, and socks
Hunter: summer shoes, church pants
Preslie: sandals, undies
Mack: socks, sidewalk chalk, sunglasses
Dax: garlic bulbs for his garden, chocolate
Tristie: mascara, makeup brushes

I love doing a Saturday Easter and a Sunday Easter to separate the bunny festivities and the celebration of the Savior. Sunday is a challenge with toddlers and babies, but I was able escape to primary and enjoy a beautiful lesson and songs about Jesus Christ. I believe everyone there felt the uplifting love of our Heavenly Father his Son thanks to an inspired and faithful Primary president.

Here are a couple cute things Mack said in our conversations and preparations for Easter...

"Last year, the Easter Bunny gave me two boats! Hey Mom, can you call the Easter Bunny and tell him to bring me a DS this time?"

"Mom, Easter isn't really about Easter Bunnies. It's about Heavenly Father."

Love that kid.

1 comment:

janet said...

I always want to do the Easter Bunny on Saturday, but every year I forget. Such a good idea....