3/3/11

hear ye, hear ye

Hey everyone! I am 30 now! So I know stuff and can be taken seriously! Yes!

I don't know a lot of stuff, but I know some stuff. And one thing I know is that everyone should have a birthday once in a while so they can remember that people like them! My birthday was that kind of day for me! A lot of people happen to like me! Yay.



I got calls from 5 siblings, 1 aunt, 3 parents, and a couple friends. Plus had a nice lunch with 2 of my neighborhood girlfriends, got some sweet b-day cash, a few exciting gift cards, a night out with my husband, 68 happy birthdays on facebook, and these delivered to my house...





I love them! They are giving me spring fever!


Other stuff I know: 18 days with sick people at my house is too many days. I am ready to be freed from my boogery, feverish, chilly, pain reliever administering prison! I have tried my best to selflessly dump all my money into doctor co-pays, but now I'd really like to use it for something fun.

Um, what else, OH YEAH. Kids can be so mean. They were mean when I was a kid (I can use the phrase "when I was a kid" now), and they are still mean. There is a super mean kid in Preslie's class at school who tries to make many people's lives as miserable as he can. I actually feel bad for the kid because his life is probably the most miserable one of all. He just doesn't have it so good in the home department and I think he's trying to find his value in belittling others. It is really sad. I just hope that someone, somewhere down the line can help shuffle the cards stacked against him and I hope that Preslie and her friends can learn a great lesson from being in his class and never make fun of another kid because they know how much it can hurt. My young women's president when I was a laurel shared a poem with me one time that I like...

To those who have been done dirt:
Be thankful even unto your grave
That you were the one who received
Instead of the one who gave.
And the last bit of knowledge I wish to impart is to all those in the blogosphere that don't have it in them to read the 4th and final Twilight book... Just ask someone who has read it to summarize it for you. One of my closest friends is reading Breaking Dawn (something I cannot bring myself to do), and is so kindly giving me a play-by-play of what is happening in the book minus all of the author's cheesy goo. IT IS AWESOME!
What a great husband friend!

2 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I just have one question. Is Dax really reading Breaking Dawn?

karlin said...

just so you know... you are very likeable!