3/15/11

daylight savings drag

Is anyone else suffering from losing an hour on Sunday? Check out Preslie doing her homework Monday after school...



And why is it when little kids are tired, they have more energy than normal. Like today when I was doing my online banking and I yell to Mack (who was in the other room being too quiet), "Mack, what are you doing?" and he responded, "Oh, I'm just having fun."
When I went in his room to check on him, there was a warning path waiting for me.


Little styrofoam balls were everywhere.
Stuck to everything.


Including Mack. Who was having the best time. I am actually sorry I ruined his fun. I feel bad that I got mad at him. He wasn't trying to be naughty. He was just, well, having fun.
The static on these little babies made them very difficult to clean up. We'd try to scoop them back into the bean bag, but they'd just stick to our hands. And arms. And all over the vacuum.
But yay that it was warm enough to send my helper outside to ride his bike while I cleaned up the rest of the mess. I love this weather! It's finally spring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Mackarollie, what a deal! You're a trooper for cleaning them all up. Somedays all you can do is cry and then laugh. Love the photo of Mack being busted on his bed.

K said...

Great job catching the naughty act on "film". This is one of those things that you have to discipline and then laugh your head off about it:) Those tend to change as they get older. They aren't nearly as funny, they are just plain naughty. So keep that in mind with the next disaster he creates! BTW I love his response, nothing I'm just having fun. You so know that means making a big mess!

Ashley said...

A kid answered or asked me to a dance by putting something like that ALL over my room. I seriously wanted to cancel the date, it was such a mess and took years to get it all.

Love your rainbow idea! I'm stealing it for next year.

karlin said...

those styrofoam balls are the worst!!