8/11/10

comings and goings (and stayings home)


Quinn's 2 week check today. she is up 6 oz from her birth weight and a half inch taller.

lots and lots of reading. Mack's new fave: The Fat Cat (a book from my childhood- it has no cover and has been colored in and loved). Preslie, Hunter and I are in the middle of Fablehaven 4. Awesome. I registered the kids for school this week. Can't believe summer is almost over.. BOOO HOOOO!

Dax's bro and Abbey and Mya came out to see us and meet Quinn. Here is Matt posing as a local.

It was our area's huge annual celebration while our visitors were here. It is a week full of activities, shows, talents, pageants, a parade and always a "big" performer doing a concert at the park Saturday night followed by fireworks. This year Patty Loveless came, opened by Nathan Osmond. I stayed home with Mack and Quinn but could hear the whole concert since the park is practically in my back yard. We were bummed Patty didn't sing our favorite song of hers "I Think About Elvis". Here is Preslie so ready for the concert and looking cute in her cowgirl boots..



Earlier that day we took advantage of the fair food and festivities in the wind, rain and all..


Preslie and Hunter pooled their money and bought a little frog that now resides with their 2 fish. They named him Basin.
Having a newborn, Dax and I lacked the energy we would have liked to really party. But we had fun with what little we were able to do and are glad Matt and Abbey came out to hang with us.


Here is my attempt to show Quinn's reddish hair. It is a super pretty color, light brownish-red.


And this is probably the last pic I'll ever have of her sucking a binky. For some reason, NONE of my kids have taken a pacifier. Quinn acts like I've fed her poison when I try to put it in her mouth. She screams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I can tell little Quinn is changing already. She is so precious and cute. So sorry about the sleep deprivation. It's a serious, hard thing to get through. All mothers remember regardless of how old they are. Wish we were closer and I'd take the three older kids for the weekend every weekend forever. Love you all.

K said...

Such cute photos. So much love:) She is just such a beautiful baby, all of your babies have been- then they just grow into cute kids. Lucky:) Looks like the fair was lots of fun. I need to get us to one of those this year. My entire summer has been lame. Maybe my fall will be better. Miss you.

Meesha said...

You look great, Tristie. Quinn is too cute.

Tiffany said...

LOVE the cowgirl boots Preslie!! The video of the babes sleeping is priceless :)