8/25/10

first day of school and other stuff

Dax smoked some ribs a couple Sundays ago and we had our friends the Ewells over to chow with us. I am back to church now after having a few Sundays off and things are so far so good. Mack has reverted back to crying about going to nursery but does fine after I leave. I am looking forward to when I can fit (not squeeze) into my clothes again. I guess it has only been a month since I was sharing a body, but still.



Dax took the kids camping last weekend for one last summer hoorah before school starting. Quinn and I took our first shopping trip together and I thought it would be more fun; I just ended up missing my family and wishing I was with them.




Our grass is thriving! Dax mowed it for the first time and it looks great. Our house looks so different with that patch of green out front. We need to buy a lawn mower now.. had to borrow the neighbor's.

This is the yard before the sod. We still have to fill in our borders. A work in progress.



The kids started school! Wow. 2 full-timers. I think my kids have such pretty eyes. It is weird to have Hunter gone all day.

What a summer it has been. Although we've done a ton and it has been insane, it is still hard to believe winter is around the corner. I am excited for the coming holidays, but nervous about tackling it all with a new baby. Dax has so much on his plate right now. He is so close to finishing his Master's degree, is working insane hours (like he just left for work at 9pm), has young men's every week, sometimes twice a week plus weekend camps or Sunday lessons. He also helps plan and cook meals which is a life saver for me. I am seriously running around the house most of the day one-handed with a baby stuck to me. I sure love my family and although it feels like I do for them all day, I miss them. There is really not a lot of time for quality time. I like to be busy, and can't imagine life with no kids. I find it funny that they love Antoine Dodson.

Preslie is growing up so much. I love having her around. She is the best help and I love girly chats with her. We like to talk clothes, shoes, hair. I am glad she is finally caring about her hair and letting me fix it. She started planning her outfits for school 2 months ago. This is her on the first day with her outfit perfect from earrings down to her toenails. Is she 8 or 18?

Hunter is just in Hunterland most of the time. He has Lego Star Wars on the brain. He is so sweet though. And so thoughtful. Tonight he wore a pull-up to bed because he didn't want me to miss any sleep getting him up to go to the bathroom in the night because he knew I would be tired from waking up with Quinn. What six-year-old thinks of that? He is a good boy and keeps us all in line.

Mack is a total joy and a challenge. He gets in the mud multiple times per day. He is a pill to put to bed and has a hard time obeying. He pretty much ignores Dax and me when we talk to him. He put it best tonight as I was lying him down..."It is hard to be a big brother. I just don't want to obey you."


Quinn is just super cute but also kinda funny looking cause she is losing hair on top. All my kids have done this around 1 month old. Thank goodness for hair bows. And halelujah, she is starting to sleep a little better at night! We may survive!

We lost 2 very important items in the past couple weeks.
1. our waffle iron died. It was a wedding gift and I guess after nearly 10 years, it was done.
2. my wedding ring has disappeared. I am so sad and I don't know if it will ever show up. I took it off last month when my hands were swelling like crazy and now it is gone. I love that ring and it has a sentimental story behind it. I know it is material, but it is so special to me. I am heart broken about it.

Time to hit the sack. Wish me luck tonight. And also my hubby who will be working hard all night long all for little creatures known as black-footed ferrets, or BFFs. What would you do for a BFF? Probably not stay up all night trying to find one.

4 comments:

K said...

Ah, I want to squeeze your kids. They are all such dolls. I adore that last photo of Mack. I don't know where the summer went, and although I don't mind fall, I dread winter. So, I sure wish we were enjoying a few more months of summer good times. Sounds like life is slowly improving and adjusting to adding another family member. Sure miss you.

Jessie said...

Your kids are cute, and your grass is greeen! What more can you ask in life! :)

I am sorry about your ring, I am sure you are sick inside. It will turn up. That has become my philosophy in life since having kids.

And we have been able to find three pretty decent used lawn mowers in our time. They wear out fast here because we have to mow so often. Craigs list!

Anonymous said...

Dax is so handsome. He's even more so because he's a man who cooks. I love all the photos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your ring shows up. I have a feeling it will. Miss you all. Enjoy Craiger, he's headed your way.

Zach said...

Hey! Black-Footed Ferrets. There is a famous clan (or whatever the term is for a group of ferrets) of those in a town by us called Meeteetsee (name of town, not name of ferret clan).
Hooray for lawn. It makes a man proud. Just don't walk into the store to buy your lawnmower 10 minutes after it starts snowing for the first time that season. You will get made fun of. We did.