Nothing.
Then later...
Me: "Mack, what are you doing?"
Mack: "Squeezing toothpaste all over the carpet."
Me: "No, we don't do that. You have to go in your crib now."
Mack: (screaming) "No! Don't clean it up!"
I don't know why I didn't lose it like every other time in the past 2 weeks that he felt the need to destroy my life or my home. But thanks be to God that I was able to stay calm with him all day. Or maybe it is thanks to the fact my husband will be here for moral support in a couple days.
Or maybe it is because if this that you can't phase me today...
I've cleaned up otter pop, Cholula hot sauce, juice, milk, spaghetti sauce, sugar, blood, urine, feces, throw-up, butter, cereal, chili, etc.
but none of it has kicked my butt worse than
Peanut Butter.
Mack and peanut butter are similar in a lot of ways.
7 comments:
All I have to say is WOAH! Dax better be prepared for more then just some moral support :)
I'm so sorry. You know that old saying, "parenthood is not for sissies", well I think this is what they were referring to. Hang in there.
What a mess! You know somedays you just can't even cry because you know it won't make it better anyway:) I've had many days like this. Hang in there. Just be grateful that help is on its way!
Oh. Tristie. I would be in tears. I'll pray Dax doesn't get delayed!
Tristie - I am so sorry. I really thought no one could possibly understand my life. And I hate to actually know the person who could know how my life is. But then I see this blog and your picture and I think . . . How can it be that my own sister knows exactly how I feel on a daily basis? I am soooooooo sorry!!! xoxoxo your sis in the same boat. PS I laughed about the comparison between Mack and PB
Tristie - I forgot to say that Peanut Butter has got to be worse than my whole list of things I have cleaned up. But I loved your list. Someday you will love your list when Mack is dating!!!
My worst thing is smeared poop all over the bedroom and I mean ALL over! Another hard one for me was 18 eggs thrown all over the kitchen. I'm still finding remnants a year later!
Bless your sweet soul, Tristie. I want to say, "I've been there" but honestly, I have never had a peanut butter mess. I AM dealing with bubble gum smeared all over our trampoline right now... and I may take out a jar of peanut butter to spread it on the gum and see if it helps get it out. Does that count? If not, you totally win in the biggest mess department. sorry!
Post a Comment