As I threw Mack in the car, I remembered the past few days of Little Babe complaining about the back of her head itching and one night she asked me to check her for lice. I checked and didn't see any. But you'd think I would have noticed this fat boy...
All the regular suggested removal tips (smother it with Vaseline, touch it with a hot needle or match) did not work. And in the middle of this I had to go get Hunter from school and clean up a box of baking soda that got dumped out when my attention was diverted.
I called our pediatrician and he said the best way to remove it is to grab it with some good tweezers down by where it's hooked on and pull gently, slowly, and consistently until it is out. It was hooked on pretty good. Then I drove Preslie back to school. Four trips in one day to the elementary is my new record.
I was sort of wiped out from all the excitement but knew I'd better suck it up because I had cub scouts in a few hours. Then Dax called and said they cancelled his horse rides because of the rain so he was coming home early. I was more thankful than ever for the rain because he was able to come teach my scouts about Wildlife Conservation (which is what we've been studying all month). It took such a load off to have him come!
All this nature stuff and the fact that I remembered to use my own bags at the grocery store made for one fulfilling Earth Day.
P.S. I bet Dax brought that tick home from work.
7 comments:
It's just all so 'EARTHY' I just want to sing. Parenting is not for sissies. Way for getting the sucker out.
Bless you MOM, bless you pregnant MOM! Thanks for all you do and all you are. {I hate ticks.}
eeeeew. I hate ticks! Poor Preslie. So glad Dax could be your Rescue Hero!
I don't consider myself as one with a weak stomach, but honestly, I don't know if I could have done it. way to go! I am very proud.
I am super impressed with your ability to get that tick out! I always freak out about the head staying in there or something. You were so brave:) Plus, at least baking soda is an odor absorber, so there are way worse things he could have dumped out. Also, I bet you're going to break your record number of times to the elementary school with at least two kids there. I've been to the school five times in one day with one kid. Ya, it can happen:( Glad you survived and were able to still find positive things at the end of your day.
ewww Tristie - eeeewwww! I am so sorry! PS I laughed about the "your own bags" I have had some forever and never ONCE have I remembered!
Honestly I cant even remember what the post was about. A soon as I saw that TICK on Preslie's head I got a little faint!
Post a Comment