12/1/09

givingTHANKS


A fun holiday with Dax's family in the South of Utah. The food was to drool over. I am mostly a turkey and mashed potatoes girl, but even the side dishes-- which never grab my attention-- totally stood their ground. Except the rolls. Something weird happened and they were burnt on the outside and dough in the middle. I felt a little guilty making the grocery store be open so we could buy some more. But not enough to skip the rolls on Thanksgiving.

Other highlights from the weekend:
  • visiting old friends we haven't seen in 5-6 years
  • hanging out with Matt and Abbey. Love those guys.
  • seeing The Blind Side with my husband and Matt and Abbey. Abbey sneaked a soda in the theater and decided to crack open the can as soon as everyone got way quiet. I am still laughing.
  • Seeing Mya's army crawl
  • shopping at 4am with Abbey on Friday morning
  • laughing at all the other psychos out that early. Never seen people so eager to get into Target to spend their money. I have come to think it is not really the deals that draw people, it is the hype. I just went for the girl time with Abbey. Oh, and the $4 Elf DVD.
  • getting family pictures crossed off the list for another 2 years. They turned out good!

Thanks to Dax's folks for a great time!

3 comments:

K said...

You always are so good about getting family photos. It's like pulling teeth with my family and we only get together every two years! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Too bad I didn't know you were grabbing the Elf DVD, I would have had you grab me one:) I wish we had a Target, they have fun sales. I didn't even go to any this year:( I don't have K, so I just slept in. It was kind of a nice change, but I felt guilty all day for not shopping on the biggest shopping day of the year- so I went to Bath and Body Works for their $ refills. I felt better after that:)

Tiffany said...

LOVE, black Friday! Glad you got to have some girl time with Abbey.

Anonymous said...

Tristie, you are so beautiful!!! I miss you!!