12/20/09

Huge Surprise

All my siblings, their spouses and kids, my Aunt Sharon and my cousin Mike orchestrated a huge surprise for my parents' 40th anniversary. I don't know how that many people were able to keep the secret AND all fly in/drive and meet at the designated time before my parents got there but we pulled it off!

When my parents showed up for church, we were all there waiting in the foyer! It was so fun to see their faces! When my Mom first pulled into the church in her wheel chair she looked at my nephew and said, "Oh my gosh, that kid looks just like Wyatt!" Then she saw everyone and her face was priceless. It was fun for us to reunite with each other, too. Tisha, Jason, and their 6 kids came from Idaho, Trina, Jason and their 2 girls flew from Oregon, Matt and Natalie and Wyatt flew in from Oregon, Dax and I brought our family and my West Jordan brothers were of course there- Lance and Tyrel. Trent lives with my parents and he gets tons of credit for not letting my parents leave for church until all of us had arrived in the foyer. Thank goodness for text messaging!

Here are a couple pics of the surprised Mom and Dad!










We went to Sacrament Meeting with my parents and then to their home for a gourmet meal cooked by my cousin Mike and wife Kristi and girls and my Aunt Sharon. It was the most delicious coconut and rosemary crusted smoked pork loin drizzled in a yummy dark red sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, steamed veggies, green salad, and two huge sheet cakes to celebrate the occasion.


It was a wonderful time to be together and celebrate my parents' life together. We all love and admire them and I think they had the best anniversary ever!

Tyrel and I had a huge laugh about the above pic. Look closer and see who popped in for the shot. Tyrel is such a crack up!

Here is Chef Mike and his family, Aunt Sharon, and Mom and Dad.


Cannot believe my nieces are so grown up.

Love my sisters! It is times like these that we miss Tiphanie dearly.

Uncle Jason is a huge hit with the 2-year-olds.

My brother Matt and his beautiful family..

My kids just love playing with their cousins! I wish we were much closer to them all.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Why am I crying? I don't know what's wrong with me, that is just so sweet. I can't think of anything that would mean more. In fact, if you could let my family in on this little idea in 33 years, I'd much appreciate it :)