11/8/09

boom chicka boom


highlights from the week include:

a big fun box of goodies (including cookies, a HSM watch, and a whoopee cushion) sent to us from my friend Janet

passing off 4 achievements with our cub scouts
crazy hair day at the elementary school

finally getting some groceries and hitting after Halloween bargains.. we scored Hunter's costume for next year plus a couple other goodies for fun. Saw my friend JayeCee at Wal-Mart and remembered that the last time I saw her, it was at the very same Wal-Mart back in July. I shouldn't have to travel a half hour to see my friend that lives 2 minutes away! Funny.


Something weird happened. Dax set the meat from his deer outside overnight and came back the next morning to begin butchering it, and the 3 bags of meat were missing. Gone. Not a trace of any of it was found. We cannot figure out who (or what) took the meat!

Lots going on. Lots on Dax's plate right now and the stress trickles down the family. I am so proud of his hard work and ability to stay sane and be my man still and supervise Mack when I am making dinner.

Mack is such a handful; sometimes I think he is trying to ruin my life. Other times he is so funny and INSANELY cute. I am excited to see how fun he is when he no longer finds it necessary to open any food package or lid he can get his hands on and dump. The bottom shelf on my pantry is empty because of this; we have everything crammed on the higher shelves, completely disorganized. This only slows his destruction, it doesn't prevent it. I know once he is a teenager, I will long for the days when this was all I worried about. But when there is cereal covering my kitchen floor and cinnamon covering my counter, perspective seems to jump out the window and I find myself wanting to follow it.

I do appreciate when Hunter and Preslie step in and help me contain him for a bit while I clean up the war path. Mack loves to be read to and will drop everything (even the knife he is wielding) for a book. I can't help but think of my sister who has TWIN toddlers and feel lucky Mack is just one dude. If I am making it sound like he is a holy terror, that's only because he is. But everyone here is totally smitten by him. The big kids think everything he does is hilarious. I caught sneaky Preslie unlocking the fridge for him tonight. I know she wanted him to do something naughty to entertain her.

6 comments:

janet said...

this post hits so close to home.. I feel like I lived your life a year ago. First of all, husbands who are busy working are awesome! But it sure does suck for momma. That's my only complaint about having a new baby-- the man didn't get a single day off work. but at least he's bringing in the money.

Secondly, about Mack and Zack. just hold on. your destructo boy has hope! Literally, out of the blue, my crazy-wild-mess-maker turned into such a helpful little boy. I remember those terrible messes and laugh now and it hasn't been very long. And the best thing is, they don't lose their awesome personalities-- they just find other ways to entertain.

Good luck and love the crazy hair day pictures.

K said...

So much going on in your lives. Love the crazy hair, and love the wig Mack is wearing. That kid is a doll no matter what he's wearing! I'm sure the destructo days are exhausting. Just keep telling yourself how lucky you are to have him. I'd give about anything to have a toddler most days- not the ones I'm really tired though:) Hang in there. You're an awesome Mom and and an awesome family. Miss you guys.

Tiffany said...

He sounds hilarious!! Congrats on 9 years... you guys are OLD

RaeLynn said...

9 years of sparks! Nice ;) I left you an award on my blog. Hop on over to check it out. I just love Mack. He and Cole would be terrors together. Well fine, Cole would be a terror and Mack would just be dragged into it all...

Jaedon Flora said...

One holy terror is still HOLY TERROR! I feel for you sis!

Accuracy Sports said...

The phrase "terrible two's" refers to all children who are trying to change the planet and reality as Mack does. I am glad the term was coined before Mack was born as it would be a hard moniker to live up to when Mack is an adult and introduced as "the original terrible Mack's" or "the first Mack the 2 year old marauder". He is totally cute when he wants to be and that is his salvation.