8/22/07

The Devil in Disguise


I was going through some recipes last week and came across one for Oatmeal Fudge Squares that I used to make when I was at Dixie. This is the most evil, yet divine yummy treat. I am going to post the recipe but take note of the following warning.
WARNING: Use the following recipe at your own risk. Simply reading the recipe could cause increased blood pressure, slight weight gain, or other physiological responses. Consumption of this dessert should be done with extreme caution and in the presence of more than two people. The person posting this recipe cannot be held responsible for any over indulgent behavior on the recipe user's part nor any consequences of that behavior such as weight gain or eating one's self sick. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Fudge Squares
cream together:
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
then add:
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t soda
1 t salt
2 cups oats
in separate bowl melt together:
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
Pat 3/4 of the oatmeal mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Pour on chocolate mixture. Then patchwork the remaining dough on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

AHHH, I wish so bad that we were there to enjoy your wonderfun dessert!!! You're lucky that you have four mouths at your home that will eat desserts. I only have one at my house and it's ME! Matts a stinker and won't eat hardly any of my desserts. Then I end up eating the whole thing alone (and gain 5 lbs.)

Unknown said...

Is this the Lion House Recipe. Oh man, I just got a little fatter!

Chelsea said...

i looked at the picture but skipped the recipie..on purpose! you are cute, and I love seeing pictures of your cutest family and all the fun things you do together! You are such a good mom!!!

janet said...

You are SO right about this yummy treat. I am pretty sure I've eaten an entire pan of it myself. I might just make it again this week and see if I am nice enough to share. thanks for the recipe!