5/1/15

California Dreamin

We did Disney! 3 days of fun, 30 miles walked, dozens of rides, and hundreds of memories. The trip was wonderful. This was my kids' first DL experience. This was Dax and my first time ever to California Adventure. Thumbs up all around.


 We hit California Adventure hard the first day and just about did it all.
  • Cars Land
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Mater ride
  • Bugs Life land rides
  • Tower of Terror
  • Screamin California
  • Mickey ferris wheel
  • Goofy's Sky School coaster
  • Ariel ride
  • Aladdin show
  • Met Ana and Elsa



My kids were all anxious about riding Screamin' California (super fast, awesome roller coaster). Pres and Hunt have been to Lagoon twice in their life and they didn't like it either time. Quinn was too little to ride so Preslie volunteered to stay off the ride with her and Mack.

 Dax, Hunter, and I went for it and I knew Hunter was nervous. I pumped him up and we rode that beast and had a blast. I told Preslie I'd go on it with her and she said maybe later. After a day at Disneyland riding Space Mountain (another fave!) she wanted to ride Screamin Cal and we even talked Mack into riding with us! IT WAS AWESOME. My kids are roller coaster people now! Yay!

As it was getting dark, we waited to see World of Color (a light and music show projected onto water fountains). We were all beat and had to stand to watch the show. It was really cool (but I think Dax was ready to call it a day). After a chuck full day, we walked a half mile back to our hotel. Mack told us he thought World of Color was so cool, it was like looking at Heaven. That made pushing through our fatigue and the crowds so worth it!

On day 2, we hit Disneyland.
We were so beat from day 1 that we had a hard time getting going. We rode Star Tours, Space Mountain, Tea Cups..

We had run into Dax's cousin Scott and his family and hung with them for a bit. Then we headed to the hotel for a midday nap. I wondered if the kids would let us sleep but the second they layed down, they were out.

Feeling refreshed, we headed back to DL and finished a fun evening there.

  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle cruise
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Small World. Mack got annoyed hearing the song the whole ride.


Dax resting the blister on his toe.

Day 3 we hit everything in both parks that we missed or wanted to do again. Dax had a plan and everything we wanted to do was typed on a list on his phone. We hit Cal Adventure in the morning: Cars Racers (family fave) and then Quinn and I split for Bugs Life land while the rest went on Tower of Terror. (Quinn and I thought once was enough for that one! We probably shouldn't have taken her on it..freaky.)

After a spin on Ariel and Screamin Cali, we headed back to Disneyland.

  • Splash Mountain
  • tea cups (again)
  • train ride to Mickey's Toon Town where Quinn met Minnie Mouse and we rode Rodger Rabbit
  • Dumbo
  • Storybook Land boat ride
  • Mark Twain river boat






We tried the famous foods: $8 corn dog, cream cheese pretzels, beignets (ben-yays), mint julep, and my fave-Dole whip. Mack brought his own money and treated himself to popcorn and lollipops galore. 

On our way out of the park we stopped on Main Street for a treat. As we sat together at a little table, we had a special moment together. Dax was telling us how happy he was that he could go to DL with all of us and that he loved us all so much. Mack said, "I'm so happy I just want to throw my money in the air and give it to people." When Mack feels strong emotions, exciting things happen. 

We left the park and walked across the street to Denny's for dinner. It was 9pm and we were tired and hungry, but happy. Not one scrap was left on anyone's plate. 
clean plates, full tummies, happy memories
As Dax went to pay the bill he said to me, "Don't let Mack steal the tip, I'm going to pay the check and wash my hands." Not two minutes later, Mack grabs the tip off the table and thinks it's free money for the taking. It's just funny when you know your kids that well. 

Quotes from the trip:

Preslie- "I want to go to Lagoon now that I'm actually not a freak." (she's not afraid of roller coasters anymore)
Hunter- "Don't post that picture on anything. I don't want anyone to know I went on this ride." (In line for Alice in Wonderland)

Quinn: Disneyland was way different than I imagined. 
Mack: It's way different than I imagined, too. It's way better than I imagined.
Quinn: Me, too. I thought Disneyland was just a big castle and there was pink clouds and you walk on pink. 

Dax: It's always fun to have diarrhea when you're on vacation at an amusement park. 

After a good long sleep, we headed for the ocean. While it was perfect weather for Disneyland, it was too cold for swimming. My kids are animals and couldn't pass up a tiny dip in the Pacific. 
















Pier at Huntington Beach
watching surfers and soaking up ocean vibes
 We hopped in the car for a long drive home. Dax told Mack, "Take your shoes off if you're going to put your feet up; I saw the men's room floor and it was grody in a urine-y kind of way.

Me: I can't understand why men can't aim their penis. I don't get it.
Dax (sarcastically): Penises are more complex than you think.
Me: No they're not. They're pretty simple.
Mack (dead serious): They're not as simple as you think they are.

We stopped quite a few times on the 14 hour drive home. After one stop, I asked Mack to buckle Quinn's seatbelt.
Mack: AAAAAGHHHHHH! I HATE buckling other people's seat belts! It wastes my time and it never works!

This was a wonderful vacation. (I kind of think Dax had the most fun!) This trip made us want to do more fun things as a family. Memories together are the best way to spend time and money.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So wonderful. What an adventure you all had!