We went to Fantasy Canyon a few weeks ago. Cool place. On the way home, we stopped in Vernal to grab some snacks at Walmart. I dropped off Dax, Mack, and Quinn at Sportsman's Warehouse to browse while Preslie and I went to get food. (Hunter and his bud opted to stay in the car.) When we all met back up and started for home, Dax told us that they saw a walking stick in Sportsman's and Mack was way into it. Mack told us it was made from a bull penis.
Preslie: eww!
Mack: It's not like they just ripped a penis off a bull and made a cane out of it right then.
He is so logical. Dax told us it was covered in a shiny clear resin so it wasn't like you were touching an actual bull penis.
We cleaned our church building a few weeks later and as Mack was mopping the gym floor he said, "This floor looks like wood but it's covered in bull penis."
We enjoyed spending Easter/Conference weekend with Dax's fun family. Grandma's egg hunt was a hit, also Easter baskets, and playing with cousins/being together. My boys LOVE baby Audrey so much. They just melt for her. So tender!
We were able to attend a family dinner for my people in my sister's newly finished basement (apartment). My niece and her hubs have moved down there and will welcome their first baby next month!
Dax suggested we go see my Uncle Norman while we were in the city. Norm had bladder cancer and has had like 8 surgeries to remove it. He just isn't ready to go yet! He has to endure dialysis 3 days a week where he gets hooked up to a machine that drains his blood, cleans it, then pumps it back into his body at a chilly 36.5 degrees. He says it is the longest 4 hours of his life and he almost freezes to death each time. He and my Aunt Jane are the nicest people and so fun to go hunting with. They both live for the deer hunt and love cruising around in the mountains on their Razor together. Aunt Jane has always been able to spot deer miles away before anyone else can see them. Her enthusiasm and kindness is contagious.
Dax and I saw Ghost the musical at Hale Center Theatre in WVC. Awesome show. Our friend Kacey is the set designer and does an awesome job. Highly recommend!
On April Fools' Day, I pulled out of my driveway to take kindergarteners to school and there was a Century 21 sign stuck in my front lawn. Too funny.. I snapped a pic to send to Dax and was on my way. Later I saw that our newspaper was having a contest and wanted people to submit a pic of their April Fool's jokes. I submitted Mack furiously ripping the moving sign out of the ground. Well, for once Mack's rage came in handy; he won me 4 movie tickets!
The next day, I was checking my email and I had received one from my favorite home diy blogger. Thinking it was just her newsletter I opened it and couldn't believe my eyes when I read that I had won a GE lightbulb package and a $100 gift card from Home Depot!!! What a huge (shock) blessing as my basement bathroom (etc. etc.) has been waiting to get finished for years. I couldn't help but think of a quote I saw scratched on a piece of paper on my MIL's desk during Christmas..
"What you make happen for others
God will make happen for you."
Not saying that a HD gift card is a gift from God. But I'm not saying that it isn't. I have helped a lot of my friends paint, decorate and finish other projects in their homes. I love doing it, but it takes work and time away from my home and family. So maybe, just maybe this is my little tender mercy and it is my turn to check something off my own growing list of house projects. I've lived in my house for 6 years and have an unfinished basement and partially finished yard. It is hard to know whether I should finish those up or redo the things that are already wearing out in the finished part of my home.
We returned home from our family visits and found a message on our machine that Quinn had won the Easter coloring contest at the grocery store! Dax suggested that maybe we drive to Colorado and pick up a lottery ticket..
Spring Break has been lovely and free from the rigors of school schedules. I've also had one less kid because Wyatt (my nephew I watch full-time) was at his Grandma's for the week. I've organized, cleaned and de-junked closets, shelves, the storage room, garage, and back porch. I am like my Mom; I enjoy housework that makes things look beautiful and organized. Dax and I got a wild hair one afternoon and started a pathway through our future garden. I love when Dax and I do projects together. I'm the visionary and he's the efficient manual labor that gets it done. I'm a great assistant, but he stirs concrete better than me.
I love my big little Quinn. She is trying to repair her broken ravioli toy.
I enjoyed helping Preslie make an edible replica of a plant cell. It looked and tasted great. Brownie with cream cheese frosting and chocolate, nuts, and pretzel organelles. This project fulfilled its purpose; she aced the cell test.
This big guy, after months of begging, just got his own library card! It's like he's told me before, "I'm practically a grown man". Now, it's official.
Last night, Dax took Hunter out and set up camp for the turkey hunt this morning. At 5:30 am, they dragged themselves out of bed, got set up and scored a beautiful bird!
I won big when I landed this awesome husband. I love him and the family we have together. I enjoy blogging about the highlights of my life with them. I recommend blogging (or keeping any kind of journal). It is like free happy medicine. With no crappy side effects!





1 comment:
Love the photos and the people who compose them.
Post a Comment