12/20/14

it kind of looks a lot like Christmas (project weather!)

It is December 20 and look what is in my yard. Bizarre, yet AWESOmE!
Perfect weather to spray paint my nativity set white! I love it!
 I made this Nativity in my married student ward in Logan. It was dark red but has been reborn!
white nativity
Check out this weird antenna I found at DI.. I sawed off the black electronic part and stuck this metal part in a log and called it a Christmas tree. I love it! Industrial-cool.
industrial Christmas tree
 Loved watching my long-legged dancer at her Christmas concert.
leg extension
scorpion

 We saw Santa after. He remembered Mack's name and even felt Mack's bicep and told him he'd grown since last year!


 My big'ns had ugly Christmas sweater parties the last day of school. Upon Hunter's request, I took a regular sweater and whipped up a turtle wearing a santa hat for him.
 Everyone loves a gingerbread house, but no one loves it more than Mack. Candy is his favorite.
 The taste of Christmas is my family's favorite gingerbread cookies. I am a treat snob, so if I say they are killer delish, I mean it.
 My Mack earned a "WOW Award" at school! He is such a hard worker; I am glad he got recognized for it!
 I received this cool art project from a friend in my monthly lunch group. It is Western Family plastic cups colored with sharpies, baked at 350 degrees for 3 minutes and BAM>>>>
 Psychedelic ornaments! Really fun for the whole fam. Love activities that every age can enjoy.
melted cup ornaments
Dax and I attended parent day at Quinn's Christmas dance class. She wanted her Daddy to do the dancing with her. They both did a great job.

 Other highlights this month:

  • family flu for a week
  • SomEone is doing the 12 days of CHRISTMAS to our family! It has been so fun. A special gift.
  • writing to and receiving letters from Jennekah (my niece on a mission)
  • my other niece is having a baby girl
  • my bedroom is looking HOT. pics to come-promise!
  • 24 days of giving has been so wonderful. my love of service has grown. 
  • started organizing my life using the bullet journal system. Very close to what I was already doing but way better. It makes so much sense to my brain. I LOVE IT.
  • have been doing Insanity workout videos with friends twice a week and I'm seeing results already. Working out with friends is the best way. Even when I don't want to, they tell me they're going to toilet paper my house if I don't come.
This season is so amazing for the increased kindness and love shown and felt by people everywhere. I've had some cool "Christmas Spirit" experiences. The weird/cool thing is, the more I show love or serve others, it comes back to me a thousand percent. I LOVE CHRISTMAS. 

2 comments:

K said...

What a fantastic month you had. I love the bedroom makeover. It suits both of your styles so well. I can't believe that Preslie is 13! When on earth did our kids grow in to teenagers. Glad you made some happy memories over the Christmas break.

Amelia said...

The nativity set is so beautiful. You are so creative!