6/18/14

Whoever coined the phrase "lazy days of summer" needs to be punched in the face.

{I lost my beloved 9-year-old camera when we visited Dax's folks back in March. So I don't have any pics of my trip to Alaska, the last month of school, or my girls' dance recital. When I got my camera back, it worked for like a day and then it died. I finally got a new one! So I feel like I can blog again.}

Holy cow! Summer is flying.
I am still working on final touches in my boys' room! It is turning out fun and I'm finally getting the hang of decorating for boys. I snapped this pic of my kids and nephew hanging out in the room. So it's functional AND hip.


 I'm remembering when my boys' room looked like this...
We've been camping SO much already since school's been out. We went up Uinta Canyon with my bro and nephew, we camped with my Dad and a few siblings near Strawberry, and then up near Preston, Idaho for a family reunion! The day after we got back from that, Preslie went to girls' camp! I hope she's having fun! I heard there's snow there!
 Great view..Strawberry Res in the background.
 My little nephew wanted to drive/ride the ATV every minute.
The McDermott family reunion is awesome! Ask Mack.. he loved the waterslide at Riverdale Resort! I loved the warm spring water in the pools! We had to drag the kids away.. As we were walking back to camp Mack asked, "Can I just look at the [waterslide] tower one more time?"
We passed through Logan on our way to the reunion.. The kids had fun at Lundstrom Park! Still a family fave!
We stopped for Aggie Ice Cream and met up with old friends. Quinn calls it "Maggie's Ice Cream Shop".
Earlier that day, Dax's bro and his wife invited me to go to their ultrasound appointment! It was awesome. I've never been on this side of it before. They're having a GIRL!

I'm sure trying to keep my kids productive this summer. I am realizing I don't like being a drill sergeant, but sometimes being a Mom requires that! Finding balance is life's greatest trick.

 I took Preslie to Vernal and we did baptisms for our ancestors! It was really neat. My Mom has been busy with family history work and prepared names for us to take to the temple. We had a wonderful time. Can't wait to do more.
 The kids making a Fathers Day sign for Dax. We gave him a weed wacker and cooked him spicey chicken for dinner.

Here is our new fence! It sure makes our back yard look more finished! Dax and our neighbor did a great job.
 Here is the before picture...
Here is the fence during construction..
And here is after!
Trees and shrubs are on our list to buy now!

That list gets longer by the day...
New tires and windshield for our old Rodeo
a new computer (ours crashed!)
camp trailer (If we keep camping this much, Mama needs a bed and a kitchen and a place to put all our gear!)
truck (to pull the trailer)

Happy busy summer!



2 comments:

Tisha Flora said...

I can't believe it has been such a long time since I have read your blog. I love it! Thanks for all the awesome posts!!! You are a superlady!

RaeLynn said...

I basically can't handle how absolutely gorgeous you are. Seriously, you are glowing in every single picture. Your style and zest are infectious. I'm going to go make my hair curly and buy a cute dress STAT.