Paper clutter.. my ultimate nemesis. When school started end of August, there has been a perma pile of papers on my bar. I was always shoving them over so people could actually eat there. But the pile, no matter how hard I tried, would not disappear. The kids needed access to their papers all week to work on their homework each night. I could never put them totally away. And then my bar became a magnet for all papers and other stuff. Such a nightmare mess. I thought and thought about solutions.
Then I found this little cabinet with SIX drawers. Six to match the number of people in my family. And the drawers were the size of papers. I am so glad the organizing gods decided to intervene. I bought the cabinet and put it together. It came with casters to put on the bottom which I didn't want because 1. I wanted something more stylin' 2. I don't want the cabinet to roll around. 3. I wanted to raise the cabinet up higher.
And now I have a place to put everyone's mail, homework, magazines, church papers, scout book, personal progress, chapstick, whatever. Ya-hooo!
The other huge project that has been in the works for a looong time are my boys' curtains. I bought the fabric over a year ago at Home Fabrics in Midvale. I still love the fabric- it has a lot of energy and I love the colors.



3 comments:
What a great solution to the paper clutter. I love it. And how cool are your brothers?
Woohoo on those fun curtains and checking something off your list. Love that.
Love the cabinet, and great job on the curtains. You're amazing.
Do you need any ZZ Top music? I have all their albums. They rock and so does your home improvement!
Post a Comment