9/1/12

signing my life away

It's been a good summer but yes, school has started once again. And in true form, Preslie has been ecstatic for it to start with a paper chain counting down the days and poor Hunter dreading every day that moved him closer to school time.
P- 5th grade      H- 3rd grade
Preslie has had her first week of outfits picked out and hanging in order in the closet well ahead of time. She has been driving us all nutty with her over-zealous and over-prepared self.
 
The night before school started I realized Hunter probably needed something decent to wear in the morning. Here is the conversation that went down before bed...
Me: Hunter do you want to pick out some clothes for school tomorrow or should I just lay something out for you?
Hunter: (no response)
Me: You probably don't even care what you wear do you? I will just pick something and lay it out for you.
Hunter: ...uh Mom, sorry. When you started talking about clothes you lost me.
 
Lost. Kind of like his brand new pair of school shoes. No where to be found that morning. Did he care? No. Did he know where he wore them last? No. Would he have gone to school without shoes had we not all but put them on his feet? Yes.


Preslie even had her hairdo planned out for the first day but needed a little help. While I was pinning her bangs back...
Me: How big do you want the poof in front?
P: Not that big. Not as big as Snooki's.

That evening, Dax and I were in charge of putting on our neighborhood picnic. It was a success with over 80 people in attendance and good times and food had by all. We live in a GREAT neighborhood. What a blessing that we often take for granted. I liked the streamers I hung across the road from my house to my neighbors' house. It made for a great party vibe. If anyone ever needs 200 feet of streamers, I'm your gal.


That same week soccer started. This is our first year playing it (or any sport) so it is a new thing for all of us. I didn't realize I would be signing my life away for 7 weeks but hey, who needs to eat dinner or clean their house or go to back to school night?
Dax's work has picked up like crazy and he's been gone more nights this week than he's been home. Couple that with hunting season and you have yourself a semi-single Mom here. So what does a busy Mom do with herself spread so thin? How about get a dog?!

Meet Echo. The newest member of the family.
WHAT? Am I crazy? Totally! I don't know WHY we have this dog. I saw him on our local KSL-ish  site and I kept thinking about him. I know it is weird and surprising and cheesy to think that perhaps this dog was meant to be in our family. He is a great dog. Smart and obedient and awesome with kids. It's work to have a pet though and I don't know why now, with the busiest we've ever been, I decided this was a great choice. Now we add fence the rest of the yard to our list.



Life is fun and crazy and keeps us guessing. I can't help but get excited for Halloween when I receive severed limbs in the mail. It's just so awesome.
 
And here is a fun decoration I set up for a neighbor boy's b-day party. I wanted to take Mack's picture by it (it was the first party he's been to) but he refused.
But hey-it's September now so can openly get excited about Halloween. Let the good times roll.

2 comments:

Accuracy Sports said...

So proud of you and all you do. Seems a perfect mom is a super busy mom. May the FORCE be with you, you'll need it.

RaeLynn said...

I just love this post. Makes me laugh. Preslie reminds me of what I was like in 5th grade. WAY too excited. I'm pretty pumped for Halloween too!