9/14/12

Mack snack

 Mack's exact words to Dax Sunday afternoon..."Dad, can we make a drink out of this?"
The kid loves to "make drinks" and he always has a great (psycho) idea for ingredients. He begged me to make a candy corn smoothie for a week. Sometimes I have to put my foot down. I love to hear how he thinks things are made. The other day Hunter was commenting on how gross dog food smells and said he wondered how it was made. Mack quickly pipes in, "Oh dog food? They just get a dog and then some food and they mush it all together."

Mack says he hates soccer. He hates everything that isn't his idea. He does like the snacks afterward, though.

Mack started preschool! Here he is on his first day in his Mack uniform: t-shirt, "soft" shorts, and crocs. This is not one of the battles I choose to fight.
 

Yes I fear the wrath of the Mack.
It seems like Mack has been 2-3 years old for FOREVER (he's almost 5). I must say he HAS grown up quite a bit this year. I never thought I'd get him into a dentist chair. It had to be his idea. He was there when the older kids had a couple check-ups and then asked, "Mom, when do I get to go to the dentist?" I scheduled his appointment right away...
 He did great!

He is a fun kid and we just love him to pieces. The rowdy kids, while exhausting, are the most entertaining and come with the most personality and fun.

I chuckled to myself today as Mack was teaching 2 little cute neighbor girls how to play Star Wars on the Wii..
"Ok, this is how you fight. Push this button and then you choke people like this, but don't choke him too much cause he's your buddy. Just choke him a little." All the little girls wanted to do was play Barbies with him so they got more than they bargained for on this particular playdate.

Mack has been a lot more than I bargained for in a son. A lot more awesome than I ever thought possible.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I think the hardest ones usually have the brightest minds! Love your kids. I was looking at a baby today at church with cute, round eyes. I totally thought of four little Mangus babies that always had those adorable round eyes! Hope you guys are doing good, wish I could see you in real life!