9/28/11

2 Halloween decor projects

We are in full-fledged decorating mode at our house. Here are 2 projects I completed this week. And you know how I do 'em: CHEAP.

1. Creepy Curtain.
I purchased horrid seafoam green lace curtains at a yard sale for 25 cents a couple years ago. I had this very purpose in mind but it took me til now to finally do it. I tried dying it black but I should have heeded the instructions on the dye box: 100% polyester won't dye. It can be spray painted, though. After paint, I cut and ripped until I was satisfied with the results. I hung it in the front window with a tension rod I borrowed from my bathroom curtain.


2. Pumpkin Post.
Starting out, this project was going to be 2 posts flanking the entrance of our Halloween graveyard. After I made one post from scraps in my garage, I got lazy my idea evolved and the post became a Jack o' lantern stand. (click on image to enlarge)

I may still make another one but for now I think it looks good holding my Jack. What do you think so far? I have a few more projects up my sleeve. I love Halloween.

3 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

I don't know why comments are not showing up. I am still receiving them in my email inbox, though.

Tristie

janet said...

AWESOME!!! Love all the decor.

I need to email you about Star Wars costumes. I can mail them or I have family traveling up to SLC next week. Are you going to be in SLC before Halloween?

Tiffany said...

Awesome! I might head to the DI and see if I cant copy :)_