Preslie and I made these one night instead of going to bed. It took us maybe 30 minutes to make all three. She already had the headbands-all we did was add a little embellishment to take them to the next level of cute. Just in time for back to school.
We already had the black and white flower from a hair elastic we never wear. We just pulled the elastic off and hot glued it to the headband.
I made the pink roses a few months ago using this tutorial. We hot glued those to the pink headband.
Preslie and I made the turquoise ruffle using an old t-shirt and following this tutorial. Way easy.
Handwarmers (so 80s!)
Preslie had a friend over the other day and they love to dig around in my fabric and craft stuff in the basement. They brought me a pink turtleneck from my discarded knit box and asked me to make them some handwarmers out of it. I'm always up for a sewing challenge! I cut the cuffs off of the long sleeves, and hemmed them to fit Dakota's wrists. I had another (and equally unattractive) turtleneck in teal and did the same thing for Preslie's handwarmers. Too hip and sassy! (and notice they are wearing the cute headbands!)
FREE: my favorite 4-letter word!
No comments:
Post a Comment