5/20/11

the other alpha female (and our $1 high heel re-do)

Pretty, smart, and imaginative girl with
Really unique style all her own
Energy out the wazoo with a serious
Shoe obsession that started at age 2
Loves to rock out to music and
Is social to her core, an
Excellent student and a fun daughter!

Preslie Rules!


It is so fun to have a 9-year-old daughter. It is challenging at times, too-- mostly when she tries to act like me (we both want to be the boss!) I see a lot of myself in Preslie but she is also unique and came packed with a lot of punch of her own. I love her individuality and her creative ideas. I admire her determination; when she sets a goal, she cannot be deterred. I remember when she was 5 years old, she found an old Disney coloring book at my Moms and decided she was going to color every single page in that book. She brought it home and colored and colored until there were little indentions on her hand from holding crayons so long. I can't find the picture I took of her asleep with a crayon in her hand and the coloring book underneath her.
Her latest goal is to learn to do a head stand and raise both legs into the air. She's very close to being able to do it.
One thing Preslie and I share is our love for a bargain. We love to go to yard sales together and visit our little thrift store in town regularly. Preslie recently bought a pair of navy blue pumps for a buck (she wears a women's size 6 shoe!). Since she has nothing navy blue to wear with them, I suggested we paint them a different color. We decided on black because she grew out of her black dress shoes, and we already had that color spray paint.
Then we wanted to up the cuteness factor by spray painting the soles pink (we had that color already, too). Check it...
Here we are ready to spray paint the soles...painter's tape works for shoes, too.
And here is another shot of the finished product and a super cute girl to go with it.

3 comments:

val said...

what the what? who thinks to paint shoes in the first place not to mention the soles of the shoe! you genius you. that little girl of yours is growing up so fast. she was a tiny little thing up in logan and now look...

Accuracy Sports said...

Preslie is number one! Mostly because of her mom and dad who genetically gifted her, support her and love her in all ways.

Keep that paint away from my shoes please.

Anonymous said...

Crazy girl. I'm nuts about her!