That is how my crazy-busy-fun day ended tonight. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I will back up to last evening when my husband packed up and took the 2 boys and his Dad on the Fathers and Sons campout. I have to say that I LOVE the Fathers and Sons campout. It was so quiet after those four boys left. Preslie was at a friend's house and Quinn and I had the place to ourselves.
First things first: dinner. I dumped a can of refried beans, a scoop of salsa, and a big dollup of cream cheese into a bowl, nuked and stirred. Dinner was served with a bag of corn chips. Quinn liked it too. (Oh, I forgot to mention I am back eating dairy again and Quinn seems to be doing fine. Hooray! ..for her AND me) Preslie came home and finished off the dip while we surfed the net looking at cute girl high tops (she is constantly spraining her crappy ankles so time to invest in some shoes with support). I will mention how nice and relaxing it was to not be interrupted by a certain small person that thinks he needs to be playing computer games every minute of the day.
Preslie and I camped in my room, read a little Fablehaven 5, then crashed so we could gain our strength for some serious yard sale-ing bright and early. I was impressed that Sleeping Beauty emerged before 9 am the next morning... we were actually on the road around 8:15, hit 3 great yard sales, scored some cute clothes and shoes for the girls and a sweet ceiling fan.
The boys had just beat us home and just in time for a family to come buy our car. We are down to one car with not enough seatbelts. We keep going back and forth on what to buy for our family vehicle now: minivan or big SUV. A hard choice...it's apples to oranges really. And of course it all boils down to staying in our budget.
After that, I grabbed Quinn and Mack and ran to pick up my Bountiful Basket. We scored corn-on-the-cob, mangos, blackberries, onions, tomatoes, artichokes, lettuce, cantaloupe, etc. After some fun on the nearby playground for Mack, we drove home with our yummy produce.
Then I walked down to my neighbors to pick up my share of the applesauce she and I bottled yesterday. 40 pounds of apples came out to 16 quart jars of applesauce. It didn't seem like that much to me but I was happy to get more experience canning. And it turned out delicious.
Dax made the 2 boys have a nap while I put a load of camping clothes in my new and completely AWESOME washing machine then made a salad to take to a friend's surprise birthday party. We all piled in our old Rodeo and drove to the party. We had a fun time even though Mack totally shoved one of the little girls that was there as hard as he could and I am SO glad she didn't smack her sweet little head on the TV that was an inch away.
We hit Wal-Mart on the way out of town for a few things and then home. Preslie was so tired, she could barely get to bed. Mack did a bit of cutting with some scissors he found on the table while I put away groceries and Hunter ate a yogurt.
I changed Mack's undies and put the boys to bed.
What a day!
2 comments:
I love your stories! Thanks for coming to the party. You are so sweet! Don't worry about Mack pushing Anika, she is a tough cookie! Her brothers have returned the favor to us many times (if that makes any sense) =) Good luck with the hunt for a car! Can't wait to see what you decide!
Wow, you packed a lot in one day! I'm glad you made it to some garage sales, and you've started with Bountiful Baskets. They are both addicting:)
Post a Comment