6/22/10

big reunion campout/ Father's Day

Why no bloggy for 3 weeks? check it...

summer reading group
activity days
laundry
rest
meals
clean
doctor appointment
free lunch at the park
rest
kids' jobs
baking bread
trip to ER (all is well)
sewing projects
dishes
vacuum
school scrapbooks
tons of reading
Dax away on work
packing and packing and packing for the big family reunion in Idaho...

After I finally got all the kids and me and our food and clothes and water and snacks and pillows stacked to the ceiling in the SUV (hurray for Dax packing the tent, chairs and sleeping bags before he left for 3 days of work meetings), we drove and picked up Dax in Heber. Then onward to Bountiful for sleep and the next morning we headed up to camp. We stopped for a quick lunch at Willow Park Zoo in Logan and after a quick look at the animals, we made the last leg of the journey up Cub River in Idaho. Amazing beauty to behold. Even more amazing is that this ginormous family still manages to get together every year. SEVENTY-THREE people from 5 states were in attendance at one time or another. Grandma and Grandpa Mac were smiling down from heaven, I'm sure. I didn't get nearly enough photos but here are some keepers...

at the zoo

(like that zonked out porcupine on the branch)


s'mores with humongous marshmallows



feeding peanuts to the chipmunk



hanging out/fun activities with extended family


And what trip would be complete without Preslie puking. Apparantly she had too many marshmallows..

We headed home on Father's Day and stopped in Salt Lake for a rest and visit with my folks. We had a great meal with some of my family and my mom asked us some of our favorite memories of my Dad. My brothers had me rolling; my Dad truly is one of a kind. Dax commended him on working 40 years for the US Post Office; 25 of those years working the graveyard shift to bring home a little extra to support his family of ten. My parents deserve some huge award. I just can't imagine the sacrifices they have made. I am thankful.


And the other Dad at the top of my list is my sweet and delightful husband. Although I am totally jealous of his unbelievably awesome black girl booty-shake, it humbles me to think that he is mine. My children are so blessed to have him as their Dad.

5 comments:

K said...

What a fun trip. You are rockin the summer with trips! It looks like the weather was fairly cooperative for you which is a huge plus. It's been mean up this direction. So fun to get to see you Dad on Father's Day, and you are lucky- Great Dad, Great Father in Law, Great husband. Seriously Blessed!

Kimberly said...

Where on Earth do you find all your energy!!! Keep up the great work you fun mommy.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Fun to see you guys! I wish we could have talked more, I was to busy chasing Adilyn around, she wouldn't sit still or even just walk- but she had to run! Good luck with the final weeks before the little one is here.

Anonymous said...

Aren't we blessed? God is great; life is good.

Ashley said...

I love seeing pregnant Tristie! It's so cute with your tiny little legs and takes me back to the first time meeting you in the bishop's office right before you had Hunter.