3/7/09

my collage and other cool stuff

I wanted to make a collage of our house being built from start to finish. Obviously, this is a very fast version. But it gets the idea across.



Start Date: August 22, 2008
Finish: February 13, 2009

And now some cool stuff from the week...

cool: taking the fam out to breakfast at JB's
uncool: Hunter accidently stepping in the only pile of mud in the whole parking lot

cool: seeing the new Draper Temple with my family
cool: seeing Smurf toys at Target

cool: working hard on the house
uncool: realizing I need to work on my social life that has been neglected for the past 6 months
cool: a field trip to the dinosaur museum, and a Transformers birthday party


cool: crazy hair day at school
cool: baby mopping the floor to help mom
uncool: baby mopping the floor to help his mom

cool: finally getting a garbage can from the city
cool: locking a sweet rate for our mortgage
cool: trying out the walking trail by our house

cool: getting our house appraised
uncool: paying $400 for the appraisal
cool: replacing our 15-year-old Wal-Mart tv stand

cool: husband gets a new revolver

uncool: wife didn't find out 'til after the purchase

cool: wife being as good a shot as husband

cool: getting a card in the mail from my sister
uncool: living so far away from my sister
cool: having such nice neighbors
uncool: neighbors constantly asking when we're going to put our yard in

cool: joining the rest of mankind on facebook
cool: talking to friends that I haven't seen in 10 years

cool: these dinner conversations...

Hunter: I am thinking about something cool.
Dax: I am thinking about something cool, too.
Hunter: What is it?
Dax: Mom
Hunter: Mom is cool, but I am thinking of something cooler than Mom.
Dax: What's that?
Hunter: It's a place where there is a giant barrel of peanuts and you can eat all you want and you don't even have to throw your shells in the garbage. You just throw them on the floor.
Dax: Wow. That IS cooler than Mom.



and this one...


Hunter: I don't have any friends that are girls.
Dax: Yeah you do. You have Gracie and Morgan. They're just your friends. It's not like you smooch them or anything. When you're sixteen, you'll probably smooch them, though.
Hunter: Well Preslie's going to smooch a Black Widow.
Preslie: So. If I marry a Black Widow, you can't even make fun of him because he'll be your brother-in-law!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great collage! Your house is so beautiful! Great work!

Your family is very cute and coo coo! I love your kids interaction with each other what a hoot. Mine are so far apart that I don't think i will ever get to experience that.

Social life, where we supposed to have one of those. oops, no one told me. I guess I have 16 years to make up! No wonder I'm so lonely.

every time i get an appraisal i think i should quit my job and go and do that spend an hour and get a nice fat check. ours was $475

Boys don't know anything! No ones cooler than MOM, especially you Tristie!

Kimberly said...

Giggle, giggle, giggle. That was a delightful post! Your house looks fabulous. I bet it is so nice to be moving in. And I am convinced that your kids say funnier things than any other kid on this planet. Black Widow as a brother-in-law! Really, that makes my day.

Sant Family said...

This is so funny! I love what your kids say! They are so clever.

I also adore your house collage. And your house. You should do a tutorial on how you make a collage. Because you have so much free time and all.