Here is before:
3 weeks and 3 days later, just before our Thanksgiving guests arrived, we were just putting the room together and touching up the last of the 13 doors and the trim down the stairs. There are still things to do; a few pictures to hang, a few places to touch up with paint, and a light fixture to build. BUT- I'm so happy with how it all turned out! It looks so different!
AFTER:
Life has had its unexpected turns for our family but I can't explain how happy I've been. It makes no sense logically, but I've felt so peaceful and had such joy. I truly understand how the Nephites felt during all their battles and wars when it says in Alma 50:23 "But behold there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi". I've never seen or felt so many blessings in my life. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. I'm not saying stuff is easy, but I know the our Heavenly Father and our Savior have carried us through our trials. It's been amazing and humbling. The answers to my prayers have been innumerable. The feeling of joy and peace in my heart is indescribable.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Every year Christmas means more to me and this year is no exception. My faith in the Savior has grown! He can heal our hearts and help us be more than we are on our own. I love the testimony of President Ezra Taft Benson, "I know that the Lord lives. I know that He loves us. I know that apart from Him no one can succeed, but as a partner with Him no one can fail. I know that God can make a lot more out of our lives that we can."
I know that is true!
Tomorrow my Christmas Baby turns 14! It's been so fun to have her home for Christmas break. My house is bustling and fun and full. I love it! I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment