11/16/14

Project Master Suite and a sweet new baby!

My husband went hunting for 8 days. So naturally it was time to do a home improvement project. Because the schedule and demands of 5 kids and a new church assignment aren't enough when I'm by myself. It's my way of dealing with stress: just add projects. (Which equal more stress.) BUT. IT WAS AWESOME. I painted my guts out for 5 days. That is how long it takes for one girl to paint an entire master bedroom and bath.


Here is my bathroom. (There is a door that closes on this part and the sinks are outside the door.) I got it all painted and it was just so WHITE. I love white but it was cold and un-inviting. Dax told me it just needed a little color to warm it up. I got this cute shower curtain hoping that was the ticket.
It was okay. But still too eh. I took it down and tried a different shower curtain. Still not it.
Enter rug of wonder.

Saw this rug on CB2.com and fell in love with the colors and lines. Reminds me of a desert sunrise. Like the St. George sunrises that accompanied the blossoming love story of 2 college students 14 years ago... I had to paint it in my bathroom.

 The minute the orange paint touched the wall, I knew this was IT.

I got to this point and my husband came home from his hunting trip after 8 days and no cell service. I left him and Preslie and took my 3 younger kids to meet their new baby cousin! We fell in love!
Meet my new niece, Audrey. She is the sweetest little chompy baby!
The kids gushed over her for an hour after we left. She IS really wonderful.
We went and saw my people in WJ, and went to church with my bro and his fam. Tyrel and I both got the memo to wear rust to church. I love my little brother! A dude approached him in Elder's Quorum and asked who that lady was he was sitting by in sacrament mtg. Then asked if she was single. NOPE. Ha.

Back home and back to my project. I started working on the stripes, which took the most time because I had to wait til the previous stripe was dry before I started on the next one. I used the yellow frog tape (for delicate surfaces-cuz it is freshly painted) and this technique for getting crisp, straight paint lines.


YAY! It warmed it right up in there. Now THAT's the ticket. And Dax is happy the ladder is out of the shower.
Inspiration: Transfer rug from CB2.com

Inspiration is everywhere. I am learning so much and I have more projects to go! I love the creative process; how ideas come and how I can transform and translate them into something that fits my vision. This is therapy for me. It sure beats paying a shrink!

1 comment:

K said...

Oh my word! This turned out amazing. Your creativity kills me. I so wish you lived closer. I miss you so much, not just because you are creative but I just miss all of you:) Fantastic job on the projects. You are seriously my hero! Sorry to hear about the funeral. I don't know everything that has happened there but there are just so many things in life that are hard to watch people that you love go through and not be able to make them better. I hope things improve.