Mack started 1st grade. He says it is looooong, but he likes it. He is so smart, it's freaky. He reads like a champ and decided he wants to be in a movie. He is my old man in a kid's body. He is tenacious and tough with a tender center.
Hunter started 5th grade-his last year in elementary. He is a super mathematician and loves interesting facts about science and anything else. He is kind and sensitive to others and a total homebody. He can do a flip off the diving board and is about to graduate from cub scouts.
Preslie is my sassy 7th-grader. She is into clothes, music and thankfully not boys, yet. She is super responsible and if she wants something, she will figure out a way to get it. She wore my shirt on the first day of school; I was honored!
Quinn is my little buddy at home this year. She and her cousin play everyday before he goes to kindergarten. She is doing UPSTART online preschool. She loves to paint her nails, play with her friends, and help cook.
I love my kids! They are super cool and I am grateful to be their Mom!
Here is a peek at the last weeks of summer...
Mack could be found in the sandbox much of the time. Best backyard toy ever. I built this with lumber I had lying around! $10 for a load of sand and boom: instant fun for all ages.
I took my kids and nephew to the annual cousin birthday party put on by my parents. On the way, we pulled over in Daniel's Canyon and found this pretty woodsy stream.My Mom has been working her guts out on her family history and temple work. We had a sealing session with several family members and sealed around 80 ancestors together! Super neat.
Here is the big haul at Toys 'R' Us. Fun shopping spree for the kids!
| (notice the giant Jennekah face cut-out. she is on her mission so we brought her face around to each activity) |
We all went swimming at my Uncle Dee's. He has the most fun back yard ever.
Mack was super brave and jumped off the diving board. Just learned to swim (kind-of) this summer! I couldn't get him to stop jumping!
I've really enjoyed thrifting this summer! I've found some fun things for my house like this wool navajo rug I'm using in front of my bathroom vanity.
I've been obsessed with little wooden bowls and have found a ton of them at thrift stores. I finally decided to decorate with a few of them. Also found the little vase at D.I.
Found this cute woven bag at D.I. and it's been perfect for carrying my primary folders. The pottery and the brass sculpture are also thrifted.
Here is my boys' room where most of the stuff is secondhand. Their beds, bedspreads, lamp (which was a desk lamp that I hung on the wall) were all hand-me-downs. The circle bamboo magnet boards were bought on clearance years ago and were resurrected from storage.
The fun desk I found on KSL. I think I will spray paint it white and change the top somehow. The white chair, blue stool, and vintage metal locker bins were all thrifted.
Found this little play kitchen cabinet at a yard sale for $5. I cleaned it and took the stickers off. I will replace the knobs with some cute little modern silver ones.
I've found a few fun clothes this summer but my all-time favorite clothing find were these gray suede Minnetonka fringe boots! They cost me $2 at a yard sale!
You can buy the same pair on shoes.com or delias.com for around $90!
If you know me, you know I have a list of dozens of small to large projects I want to do. My next huge undertaking is my master bedroom. I am so excited to finally tackle this project. I have never had a real life decorated bedroom that was my style (I've been figuring out what my style is for years). I have never had bedroom furniture that I picked out. I have used the same dresser since I was a kid. I hauled it to college and have used it during 13 years of marriage. My mismatched nightstands are other people's rejects. And for the record, I've been just FINE! I don't think having the newest, most updated and put-together room is the most important thing. But lately I've been ready for a really wonderful place for my husband and me to hang out. My bedroom is usually the last place that gets attention because "no one" sees it. BUT I SEE IT! And I want it to be rad. Here is a peek at one element that will be in my new master suite:
I'm pumped! So fun, right? I just recently got rid of my little kid dresser and found this beastly mid century dresser on KSL. Finally an adult-sized dresser!
I am really excited. The next step is painting the walls. Can't wait!
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

3 comments:
Why aren't we neighbors?! I just love this post so much. Love that beautiful preslie wore your shirt on the first day. Love all your thrift finds. That rug! Those boots! Your boys room! That woodsy photo looks like a fake background. Wish I could help w your master. I love me a little or big project.
Are you sure you want to paint the dresser? It has nice wood grain. I would help strip it, re-stain in the color to your cabinets' color and re-finish it, if you want me to. I would only take a weekend. Craig
I can't tell you how much I wish you lived closer! I can't believe your finds! I'm so impressed with all that you do. You are so talented and motivated. You're pretty much my hero:)
Post a Comment