We spent Thanksgiving with my husband's family in sunny Southern Utah. It was 40 plus degrees warmer than where we live and we LOVED it. And the family time was wonderful. And the food was delish.
We held our 5th annual Bonus Gobble at our home with dear friends. Turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, pie and awesome company. You can't beat it!
Mack lost another tooth! I will miss those cute tiny teeth!
I attended my first treat swap. If there is one thing we all need more of in December, it's treats. So I brought 2 dozen of these...
And came home with a smorgasbord of delectable delights.. (but actually I think mine were the best treats of the bunch. I'm kind of a treat snob; I make awesome cookies.)
Preslie planned and hosted her own birthday party! HOLY COW. I have a kid about to turn TWELVE.
I woke up this morning to this out my window! Everything is covered in crystal frost. It is gorgeous!
Other happenings this month:
sneaky 12 days of Christmas drop-offs
Temple date/Christmas shopping with Dax
Mack's kindergarten program
Mack's class party
teaching piano
Preslie's Nutcracker dance recital
Putting up our tree!
Putting it up and decorating it was actually not that fun. We were all too grouchy. After hours of getting all the lights to work, finding extension cords, climbing up and down the ladder ('cause the tree is 11 feet tall), too much fighting while decorating and finally finishing and getting the kids into bed, I was ready to buy a fake tree. But I really don't want a fake one. I like how the real ones look: REAL. There is a giant tree in my house that used to be in the mountains. I like that it isn't perfectly shaped and it's not full everwhere and there are little pinecones at the ends of the branches. It beautiful to me. So, I won't buy a fake one, yet.
We are so excited for Christmas! I am ready! What a beautiful time of year in so many ways. I can hardly sing a Chrismas carol without tearing up. Especially the Christmas hymns. Christ's birth means more to me every year. I am so grateful for all the gifts I have! Merry Christmas to all!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas to you all. I am so proud of all you do and all you are.
Post a Comment