1. Advent calandar from marthastewart.com. There is an activity written down in each envelope. December has so much going on that I use things like "Ward Christmas party" or "Mack's program" in the appropriate day. Tonight we watched Elf. You could also do a scripture in each one.
I whipped up this one from scrap trim found in my basement and 3 screws. Then I sprayed it pink.
3. Magnet Board. This is a project my friend Jaclyn is making for her daughter Kinzie for Christmas. She saw this project on the blog House of Smiths. It turned out awesome. The radiator cover over the metal magnet board made it looks so modern and fun. I supplied a huge ugly frame from under my stairs. I painted the frame and the metal behind the radiator cover and helped Jaclyn put it all together. Jaclyn originally wanted to hang this over Kinzie's bed but the frame is so big that we decided to put it on the wall adjacent to the bed. Now she was back to needing something to hang over the bed. which brings me to project 4...
4. Painted monogram. I said to my friend, "What about a big K over Kinzie's bed?" I grabbed a scrap of mdf from my garage, drew a K on it, and cut it out with my jigsaw. Then I painted it to go with Kinzie's bedspread.
Would a 6-year-old girl love this? I hope so!
Whew! So much fun. And more fun with my family. Mack got to sing with his class at the city tree lighting ceremony. Santa came and Dax snapped this pic...
Best Santa pic to date. Usually the child is scared to death..and she was..until Santa handed her a Dora coloring book. Then she loved him.
We got dumped on and the kids took a snow day from school and we went sledding. Winter is here. Highs are in the single digits.
I think I'll stay inside and do more projects! Happy December!

1 comment:
love the envelope idea. really cute. i had plans to pull something off. still haven't. grrrr.
love all your crafty crafts.
Post a Comment