10/27/13

Trash to Treasure (a peek inside my closet!)

Oh yes I did! I turned a baby gate that I took out of my neighbor's trash can...
 
into a super functional jewelry organizer..

 Every necklace, bracelet, and pair of earrings is now out where I can see them. Accessorizing has never been so efficient! WHY didn't I do this sooner? I had another organization system that worked OK, but I didn't love it. I love this. This wall was totally bare and now it is the most useful wall in my house (probably). I was going to make my jewelry organization all cute like I've seen on home dec blogs but then it HIT me. Just screw in some mug hooks and attach the thing to the wall. Oh my goodness...I love my closet now! And who cares if it isn't cute. It is a means to an end...that end being that I can be the one that looks cute...right?!
 So after I organized the jewelry, I just kept going on the rest of my closet. I'm hoping others in my family catch the bug..
 It is kinda embarrassing posting pics of my closet because I am well aware that I have a ton of shoes. And clothes. But remember, I'm a thrifter. I don't pay full price for anything. I have around 60 shirts hanging on the top rod in my closet. 50 of them I got from thrift stores or yard sales or clearance racks. The other 10 were from discount stores like Ross.
So are you motivated to go clean and organize your closet? DO IT! It is so much fun to get ready now.
Love, Tristie

3 comments:

K said...

I wish I had a closet to organize. Seriously I live out of baskets. It's ridiculous. And my friend, I have a ridiculous amount of shoes, so need to apologize. I am jealous you are so organized. In my head I am totally that person, but realistically my house rarely allows for it. Glad yours does:)

Accuracy Sports said...

Tetonia, you still amaze me with your clever ideas. Keep on with your ideas!

dirty mccurdy said...

Can I borrow some shirts?