Just got back from a wonderful Relief Society dinner. It is theraputic to mingle with ladies and be reassured that I am ok and the things I do and go through are normal and are even pretty funny. It is great to do that once in a while for more than 30 seconds and without a baby trying to climb on and fall off everything and without a pre-schooler hitting me in the butt yelling, "Let's GO! Let's GO!" Great to remember I am a person and not a Mom robot. And holy cow there are a lot of people that run. It is great to be considered part of that crowd, even though I am a wanna-be. But I can't wait for my run tomorrow. I've had to take it a little easier for the past 2 days because I had a wisdom tooth pulled on Tuesday. But Tristie is BACK! I am ready to kick my own butt.
Ok, that was everywhere so here is a more focused portion of my post. We spent last week in sunny St. George and I am starting with the coolest thing we did which was fly with a family friend Ken in his little airplane over SG, Santa Clara, Snow Canyon, and Pine Valley then back again. Preslie, Hunter and I went and then Ken generously took Mack out for a little stroll with Dax to supervise. The whole rest of the afternoon Mack said, "That was the BEST airplane ride EVER!" He was so pumped and cute about it.
We got to see Dax's bro's family for a fun bonus and spent the day playing. We had a picnic lunch then rode the carousel in downtown St. George,
stripped at the splash park, hunted Easter eggs with Grandma and dined in the back yard. Quinn loved her baby cousin Everett and wanted to hold him for way long! He is almost bigger that her.


We got to celebrate Nadine's b-day with her. Yay for birthdays and yay for Nadine. Best MIL ever.

We got to celebrate Nadine's b-day with her. Yay for birthdays and yay for Nadine. Best MIL ever.
Here is us playing at the water splash river thingy. It was warm and sunny but we didn't have our swimsuits. Mack and Mya stripped down to their undies.

We came back a couple days later prepared with our swimsuits but it was cold and overcast. Still fun but we did have to crank the heater in the car for the kids afterward.
Here is my little animal lover! There is no time for clothes when a cat is nearby..Smokie was a semi-good sport but would bolt whenever Quinn let out a blood-curdling squeal of joy.
This is a super fun park in St. George we call the Ikea park. It has unique and modern playground equipment that my kids love.
Dax and I were able to get to the St. George temple also- it has been 11 years since we were married there and it was good to go there and visit. Walking out, we saw a wedding party and I was so happy for them and remember that excitement so well. But I would never go back. I love the stage of life I am in. Dax and I have done and learned so much together. We are living our happily ever after!



No comments:
Post a Comment