2/29/12

a new year, a new look

I have wanted a new 'do for almost 2 years and I finally made it happen. I took Preslie and we got our hair chopped on my birthday yesterday. We are happy with the results and we donated our trimmed tresses to Locks of Love.

I had another great birthday. Dax is the best husband and did everything I wanted and more- cooked good food, watched kids and sick baby while I galavanted around, rubbed my feet, bought me a new dress, you name it. I took Hunter to his Blue and Gold banquet that night. Then today a couple of my girly friends threw me a beautiful and delicious lunch with some ladies from the neighborhood. I am spoiled rotten and I don't deserve it. But I do enjoy it!

Oh, I am 31 now, if anyone was wondering. I plan to never hide my true age. Age and birthdays are something you cannot control so I just embrace them- why fight it! I love my birthday!

3 comments:

val said...

your hair is totally cute and you DO deserve all the spoiling. birthdays only come around once a year. i'm all about embracing my real age...i just can't ever remember what it is. i seriously think i'm 26 and that's what first comes to mind when i think of how old i am. 26, 32...same diff.

K said...

Love both of the new dos. So cute. You can seriously rock just about any hair do. I'm a little jealous of your cuteness:) So glad you got spoiled on your birthday. You totally deserve it. I too embrace my age, but honestly, this year is the big 40 and I think that is going to be a little harder to embrace than my 30's were! Sending hugs to you!

Meesha said...

SO CUTE! I love BOTH of the new looks. You girls rock. I can't wait to be done having kids so I can chop my hair again...but NEVER again when weight gain could be an issue! Good for you.