12/16/11

We Didn't Start the Fire: Christmas Update

I used to write fun Christmas letters and send them to everyone I knew. I wrote one this year but I am not sending it out. It's just for me to enjoy. And whoever reads this blog (this goes out to all 6 of you!) Anyway, to appreciate my Christmas letter, you have to be familiar with Billy Idol's song "We Didn't Start the Fire." ...

2011: Year of FIRE!

chubby baby, doorbell ditch, bye-bye dairy, winter itch

Cowboy’s “Fweetheart”, Wiz Khalilfa, Justin Bieber rocks

Vegas Visit, Breaking Dawn, Tristie’s 30, leprechauns

Light sabers, underwear, Dax’s Mohawk

Sewing projects, back bends, slip ‘n slide, good friends

High heels, dishwasher sucks, Preslie saves 100 bucks

Family campouts, we’re so psyched-Hunter learns to ride a bike

Wakeboarding, patting heads, Tristie shot a buck

And our house caught on fire!

But don’t be alarmed

None of us were harmed

Yes our house caught on fire

This year was kinda crazy

My head is feeling hazy

Bounty Baskets, Lego mags, Mack dumps out beanbag

Swimming lessons, Rexburg cousins, U.B. I. C.

Cover stairs, gray hairs, bike trailer, canning pears

Hip hip hooray Dax- Graduate Degree!

Baby scooting, practice shooting, new piano, stinky tooting

Park City Mom time, garage shelves are so sublime

Baptism, turkey dinners, cub scouts, Baby Quinners

Elder’s Quorum, new car, can all these kids be ours?

And our house caught on fire!

But don’t be alarmed

None of us were harmed

Yes our house caught on fire

Though the year is gone

The fun will still go on and on and on!

.........

We love our family and we love our friends! Thank you for your love and support. You make our life better and we wish you a meaningful and Merry Christmas and a happy 2012!

8 comments:

Julia said...

this would make a fabulous music video. :)

Love you and your awesome family!

val said...

Super cool! Loved it.

~Ginger~ said...

That was great!!! I have always thought that they should update that song :P Keep Working it!

Chelsea said...

Love! How fun! You always have the best Christmas letters!! Merry Christmas! Xo

janet said...

I love your creativity. what a year!!

mom of seven said...

Loved it!!

Ewell said...

And My Christmas is now complete! love it Tristie. And Thank you!

Kristen said...

that was so fun and very clever. it is fun to see your cute family. sorry to hear about the fire.