6/28/11

eat, sleep, swim, diaper, work, sew, repeat

We have been running and loving every bit of the summer. I am actually sitting down right now which is awesome. Swimming lessons are in full swing...
I started a little part time Mom job cleaning for a new motel here in town. I am grateful for the chance to earn a little money for a new fridge or food storage or lessons or a cell phone (what to choose) and I am grateful I can bring my kids along.

Any spare 10 minute windows of time I get I run downstairs and sew a bit. I finally finished a matching dress and skirt for my girls. I might put a gray ruffle on the bottom of Preslie's skirt. The pattern called for it but I got in too big of a hurry to finish. But I think it will look better and more finished with the ruffle added to the bottom.

Quinn finally got 2 teeth this past week! She also turned 11 months! She is becoming very high-maintenance and wants someone to hold her hands and walk her at all times. She loves being up and moving! She can do patty-cake and dance so cute. She loves peek-a-boo, any kind of food, outside, putting lids on and taking them off bottles/jars etc. She is weening and doing great. She still is up to eat at 3am every night! Her feet are tiny, still a size 1. She reaches one hand out to things/people she wants. She did it to the garbage truck last week and made the garbage man's day! He just kept waving at her and smiling.
Dax has been working hard on his garden and also cooking (when he's home). He's had muy lots of work trips lately.
Preslie bought her own slip n' slide and loves it. Hunter is a great helper with Quinn. Mack keeps us in stitches. Quinn is a sweetheart. Life is good.


2 comments:

K said...

That last photo is priceless! Such a cutie. It looks like all your kiddos are keeping you on your toes. I'm not sure how you can squeeze a part time job into your life, but you are a superwoman, so I shouldn't be surprised! Happy Summer!

SD and EJ said...

Did you use a pattern for the skirt and dress? SO cute!