6/9/11

chartreuse spandex awesomeness

Meet a human sling shot. It is the most fun thing I've done in a while.
4 yards of spandex + 4 humans = instant entertainment (for participants and onlookers)



This was the ladies' first attempt; we got much better, faster and flingy-er than this but the video shows the idea.

We enjoyed our family reunion so much. The gang (minus my Oregon brother..boo hoo) met at my parents for many days of bonding. It is always so nice to be together. My Florida sister and her fam met Quinn for the first time.

We played and swam and ate and laughed. Dinner conversations are so entertaining when my brothers are there. I always laugh so hard I cry. Good therapy.

Here are some pics from the week...Since most of us were together, my parents decided to do their 3rd annual Grandkid b-day party. I'm not sure who was most excited, the kids or my parents. So fun.
Quinn got walked all over the place the whole time and LOVED it. My niece got into my Mom's fabric boxes and found some fur and the next thing we knew, my Mom was sewing stuffed animals for each of the girls. Matisse wanted a red fox, Saryn wanted a bear, and Preslie wanted a Monster. I think their requests turned into darling stuffed creatures! My Mom is so talented.
Mack loved playing with Bryant, Jerek, and Zya. And Saryn was Quinn's second Mom. She played with Quinn for hours and never got tired of it; I need her to come to my house! I don't think the kids got to bed before 10pm the whole week but they were always up by 7am thanks to my sister's twins who were the self-appointed wake-up callers.

Here is the dress Mom crocheted for Quinn. Now that's a July baby!

She also made the headband, shoes and matching dress and shoes for Preslie's doll.

It was hard to leave, especially since I don't know when I will see my sisters again! But it was good to be home, too. We were all so tired and enjoyed sleeping (and sleeping in) at our quiet house.

1 comment:

K said...

Ahhhh! Your family is so fun!!! I love the spandex idea. I must use that in one of the gazillion activities I end up planning. You have one talented Mom. What great stuff she made, and that little cutie of yours, I could just squeeze her, or as I tell my nephews and nieces when I squeeze them tight, I just squish out the love. Darling!