11/4/10

ten things i love about myself

My friend and blogging queen, Janet encouraged her readers to think of 10 things they love about themselves and post the list. That is probably a good thing to do every now and then- focus on some good qualities about me. I'm doin' it.

1. my curly hair
2. I am creative
3. I am a good baker
4. I am a hard worker
5. I get into holidays and birthdays
6. I have my own unique and colorful style
7. I am a thrifty girl with an eye for a bargain
8. I am a do-it-myself or make-it-myself kind of gal
9. I enjoy the luxuries of life but know the simple joys are where it's at
10. I love to hug people!

I took this challenge on Sept 14 and the only thing I thought of that day was that I like my curly hair. That isn't even a personality trait, but I left it anyway. How sad that it has taken me until November 4 to come up with 10 things I love or even like about myself. It tells me I need to take more time pat myself on the back. I need to take a little more time to think, to read, to write in my journal, to explore hobbies and new interests, to socialize and serve others. Since having my 4th child, the chaos level in our home has hit record proportions. But so has the love. Finding me time is important; I know that. It is all about keeping it in balance. That is always the tricky part. And probably always will be.

So now, I challenge anyone who reads this to take a second and list ten things you love about yourself. Do it. I hope it isn't as hard for you as it was for me.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You could have asked us! We would have had a list for you in about 4 minutes :)

K said...

I think it's so true that we can think of things for everyone but ourselves. I could come up with a list of 30 or more things for you without thinking about it. Me, I'm like you, I can think of maybe one or two things for myself. How are we trained to think that way? I'll ponder on this post and see if I can do it for myself!

Tiffany said...

Hmmmmmm I am not sure these days :) I was just talking to Mike about finding balance. Still searching!

You listed the qualities that I love about you and make you exactly what I want to be more like. Minus the hair, only you can rock that!

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with all of them and could add thousands more! You are wonderful Tristie! If we don't like ourselves how can we be happy and love others??? I've also heard that self-talk is a good thing. Give yourself compliments daily. Cool, huh?

House of Hullinger said...

I had a shrink tell me that everyone should write 50 things that they like about themselves at least once a month. It makes it easier for us to recognize that we are children of God. I was never able to do it. I was in my early twenties then but I think that I could do it now. The older I get the more I like myself. I wish that I would have felt that way when I was younger. Good FHE activity. Thanks for sharing. Those are all things that I have recognized in you and love about you also.
You are a Fantastic person and I knew that from the first time I saw you at the school. I have never felt compelled to talk to anyone like I was you on that day.