7/16/13

In and Out (projects, not burger)

Look, Ma! No sod!

  Hey, look here! We have grass! This is so exciting, I can't even tell you how happy this sight makes me. Real grass in my backyard! Our house faces west so our backyard is shady in the afternoon/evening. This grass is going to up my yard's awesome factor a thousand points. It has been so hot, we are trying to keep it wet and alive! The gravel I'm standing on to take this pic has a future as a huge, beautiful patio! Next year, maybe.

Preslie's room has been so fun to put together. I can't stand it. The ideas are flowing into my brain faster than my hands can produce them. I love it when that happens. Usually it is the other way around..my hands are willing, but my brain's got nothin.
 It is bright white in her room and I love that it doesn't feel like a dark basement. I knew it needed a cool focal wall. Something bold, but subtle. Is that possible? Can something be bold and subtle at the same time? I found out the answer is a definite YES..
BEFORE
AFTER!
 It's subtly bold. Boldly subtle? And it was easy to do. I found the center of the wall. I found a long, straight edge (I used a piece of baseboard sitting in my basement) and had Preslie hold it up at different angles until I found the one I liked- not too slanted, just enough. Then I drew a line from the top corner of the wall to the middle line and did the same on both sides. I made my chevron stripes 12 inches thick. I started with 8 inches but they looked too narrow for the size of the wall and for the look I wanted. I drew all my lines one day and taped and painted the next day. I grabbed a can of paint from under my stairs that was another shade of white to do the design so this project cost me nothing except some painters tape.


 


Here's Preslie's cute desk corner. Her chair is waiting for a cushion cover to be made so is currently non-functional but super cute.
 I have about 7 more little projects to do in her room and it will be "done". If anyone comes to visit me, you can stay in Preslie's room!

2 comments:

K said...

I love this wall! I love the whole room. I so want a complete makeover of my house but definitely my room! I know who to call:)

Accuracy Sports said...

Grass is great! You are a decorator. Maybe you can have a show on the Home and Garden network?