Mack spent Monday-Friday with my parents last week. It was AWESOME. It was just what this over-stimulated, under-rested Mom needed. He was very excited to go on a special Mack trip to Grandma's all by himself with his own suitcase. He did a lot better than we all thought he would considering how much he cries before we take him to nursery on Sunday. Granny and Grampa spoiled him, of course. He got all the one-on-one attention he wanted (and deserved) and we got a quiet house with no catastrophes for five quiet days. Don't get me wrong, we did miss him dearly!
While he was gone...
Dax went and cut a bunch of wood for this winter
we got the rocks for our front yard
I FOUND MY WEDDING RING!
I cut Hunter's hair and curled Preslie's hair for picture day
I enjoyed quiet time with my sweet baby
I slept when she slept
I finished reading Fablehaven 4 to Preslie and Hunter
I ate grown-up lunch
I called and chatted with my sisters (so nice without constantly worrying what my toddler was getting into)
I took Quinn for walks
I sure love my cute boy! It was so fun to go to Salt Lake and see him again. He squeezed me so tight and just kept saying, "Hello! Hello!" And "I love ya, Mom." We met up with him and my parents at my uncle's 75th birthday celebration. I can't believe I have an uncle that is 75. (And my niece just went to college last week, too! Crazy. anyway...)
We made it for the tail end of the party but from what I hear it was quite a bash. My Uncle Dee seemed super happy to have so many family and friends surprise him and put on such a fine party. I got to see a few relatives that I haven't seen in over a decade. I got a picture of just a few.

We spent the weekend with my parents, saw Aunt Sharon, got stuck in a road closure in Parley's Canyon for 2 hours, and are now home safe and sound and all together. He might be a little intense, but we are glad the Mack is BACK.
2 comments:
What a great break for you. Your parents are wonderful. Since I only have one child it's impossible for me to imagine how you balance four. It sounds like it was a great experience for Mack and you:) Love Pres's hair for photos. You are all too cute for words. I miss you a ton.
Grandma trips!! I'll put that on my 'pro' list for moving back to Utah :)
Post a Comment